Samsung SM-P200/P205 (Tab A with S-Pen, 2019)

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by Cuberdon75, Feb 26, 2019.

1. paprikaleapt

paprikaleapt Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm probably going to buy this device eventually

Anyone know if it will come out in the US? Not sure it matters but there is something to be said about the streamlined experience of buying it in the Verizon store and then having them setup the 4G LTE stuff there. Or maybe is it quite simple to do by other means (phone call to Verizon-> done?)

For the battery, I think either I might end up using the device as a little bedside tablet or carry a battery pack.

Both sound not that great.

It's a shame. I wonder if the ipad mini5 fares better

2. lafester

lafester Scribbler - Standard Member

I believe you just register the sim online but I only had Verizon for a short time.

Here's the band listings by carrier and the sm-p205 specs. If band 13 is important to you then this may not be the best option.
    Get signal check (or similar) on your phone and see what bands are being used in your area.
    Annotation 2019-05-23 162234.png

samsung specs.JPG

nnthemperor likes this.
  3. ronr9286t

ronr9286t Scribbler - Standard Member

I've been using it a bit more, and my earlier impression of the form factor not being great for note-taking may have been a bit hasty. Need to do a bit more testing on the battery life. In fairness, I've been comparing every device's battery life to my Huawei Mate 20 X which seems to be impossible to make the battery run down.

paprikaleapt, Bronsky and nnthemperor like this.
  4. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Though I've been using the Apple Pencil 1 with a 2018 iPad, not the Mini5, I find the Pencil to be so irritating for note taking (the size of the thing, the noise and slipperiness when note taking) that I actually prefer using my 2013 Samsung Tablet Note 8 with S pen. I think I would gladly give up a few hours of battery life for the better inking experience. As much as the inking with the Pencil 1 is technically very smooth, the noise and the discomfort far outweighs the benefits. For an artist it many be the tradeoff goes in the other direction, but for note taking, I'm happier with the stick S pen, much less the many full size Wacom EMR devices available. Only a little concerned about warranty support, but Samsung's always awful in that dept, so a Square Trade wtty via eBay seems the best answer.

paprikaleapt and nnthemperor like this.
  5. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

For Artists, the Trade off is superior App selection. Really.....if Clip Studio Paint was on Android, I'd dump the Mini 5 for the 2019 Tab A immediately. And at least with the Tab A, you could use other EMR pens, like the Zbook X2 Pen and get a back end eraser, as well choice of alternate nibs for different surface feeling. The Apple Pencil is better then MPP or AES, but not EMR, thats still the king. And as far as warrenty support......it is only a $250-ish costing device......I'd concern myself with warranty issues when the device cost hits 1K......$250 I wouldn't even sweat it to be honest.

lovelaptops and nnthemperor like this.
  6. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I have received from eglobal a confirmation that my tablet is being prepared. So I will receive it soon.

7. lafester

Nice! I cancelled my order a week ago and they still have not sent the refund.
    On top of that they simply ignore all of my requests for a status update.
    At least tecobuy and tobydeals refunded right away.

8. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I agree with you. The pen was one of the reasons I was hesitant about the iPM. Inking just didn't feel natural at all.

Sent from my SM-P205 using Tapatalk

paprikaleapt likes this.
  9. paprikaleapt

paprikaleapt Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. Anyone know if this will come to the US in a more official / less sketchy release?

lafester likes this.
  10. lafester

I'm sure they are just being slow. Monday I will escalate the case with paypal if needed.
    Ebay should be flooded with them soon, once it is more widely available.
    I doubt they will release it here with the same processor but I suppose if it sells well enough we may get a similar model eventually.

I supposedly have one on the way from Israel... even have a tracking number.
    If that one gets here safely I will provide the seller info (with permission) if anyone wants to try.
    For those following my journey it is from the ebay seller I mentioned a few days ago.

paprikaleapt and nnthemperor like this.