Samsung SM-P200/P205 (Tab A with S-Pen, 2019)

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by Cuberdon75, Feb 26, 2019.

1. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Don't know if all here in the US can wait that long but we just heard that there will be additional device announcements when they announce the Note 10 or whatever they call it. No details other than "multiple devices"

nnthemperor likes this.
  2. dellaster

dellaster On Hiatus Senior Member

3. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks for the tip. Any idea when the announcement will be?

Sent from my SM-P205 using Tapatalk

4. ronr9286t

ronr9286t Scribbler - Standard Member

A bit disappointed in battery life, great inking (as expected) nice size, but surprisingly not as handy as expected for note-taking. Just for fun, I took the sim card out of the P205 and put it back in my Tab S3. Even better inking and a great note-taking, including really falling easily to hand for moving around in projects and taking notes.

paprikaleapt and nnthemperor like this.
  5. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I’ll hold out hope.....but there’s no guarantee they will release this in the US. Much like the original Tab A.....the US got the 8-incher......but not the S-pen 8 incher. It would be disappointing, but not surprising if Samsung ended up doing so again.

6. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Interesting....are you suggesting then S-pen itself worked better on the S3? the Tab S3 was 6mm thick and had a 3/4 aspect ratio in a 9.7 inch screen. The 2019 Tab A is 8.9mm thick and has a 8 inch screen with a 16:9 ratio. Would you say all three factors; larger screen, significant thinness, and aspect ratio of the S3 still make it the superior note taker?

7. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yeah, battery life isn't the best, and it feels a bit too narrow, but it's got the S pen and is still a joy to ink on. Honestly, the thickness is not an issue at all.

paprikaleapt likes this.
  8. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

nnthemperor likes this.
  9. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Tentatively August , though possibly earlier. Rumors are that the update will be pretty iterative and no radical differences so that might allow them to release it sooner.

The other rumor we have heard is that it will be Samsung's first phone with UFS 3 (faster storage than current) which should give it a nice speed bump

nnthemperor likes this.
  10. ronr9286t

ronr9286t Scribbler - Standard Member

I'll know more in a couple of weeks when I'm off to a four-day consulting project with extensive note-taking. I'll take both the S3 and the P205. On the topic of battery-life, my Note 8, at least subjectively, seems to be fading a bit, while my Huawei Mate 20X remains good for 2 full days. I only wish it had Wacom inking.