Samsung SM-P200/P205 (Tab A with S-Pen, 2019)

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by Cuberdon75, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I think in large part, it depends on your use. Resolution on an 8" device is less important to me than on a larger tablet. The power is really the factor that most weighs in favor of the Mini IMO.

My use would be primarily for navigation. A secondary use would be as a note taker while on the go, light annotation and dealing with an ever increasing email workload when out of the office.

For those secondary uses, having a pen in a silo that does not need charging is a real advantage but the biggest advantage is the price. It is literally half the price of the mini. On the other hand, it's not sold in the US so, if it breaks, it's disposable. That is my biggest negative ATM.

I have been on the edge of pulling the trigger on this device for two weeks but I don't need it yet because my boat won't be ready for the water till the middle of the summer and I can't make up my mind.

paprikaleapt and nnthemperor like this.
  2. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

At that price, it is more easy to take the risk. I can tell you, because I did it. But now I am waiting it.

Bronsky likes this.
  3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Yes. The price makes the risk acceptable.

I'm also a bit concerned about compatability with Verizon's network. That too is keeping me on the fence.

4. paprikaleapt

paprikaleapt Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes so I think ipad mini 5 it is then. I'm assuming the battery life will be better. For speed, I'm not really sure how much it will matter but I think it will probably help for websites crowded with ads. I haven't tried a modern android tablet yet, but my old galaxy note 10.1 was pretty sluggish.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  5. lafester

lafester Pen Pal - Newbie

Is it really worth $250 for lte? I think not.
    Pretty easy to block ads if needed. And that stupid pencil design is just sad.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

lovelaptops and Bronsky like this.
  6. Mac jones

Mac jones Scribbler - Standard Member

This seems like a crazy good deal. $325 for an LTE, 480nits S-Pen Galaxy Tab.

I'm not an Android fan, but maybe its time to give it another shot. (that would make it about ten times now :D ). Those e-sellers, are interesting. I've used them (not this particular one) plenty of times. No issues so far. Anyone getting this for $300US to USA ?

Also, is the S-pen these days still cross compatible with the old Wacom EMRs? They used to be. Or are there larger pen options? (hate those little pens)

nnthemperor and paprikaleapt like this.
  7. paprikaleapt

They used to be compatible? At least when I tried my thinkpad yoga gen 1 EMR pen with the galaxy note 10.1 and galaxy note 2, I vaguely recall there being offset problems

I also had this thought that I could buy two of these, duct tape them together to create a hinge

And Voila!

The foldable thinkpad tablet and the galaxy fold will have a baby.

Honestly I do sort of wonder though if a 7-8 inch tablet fits in a jacket pocket, then maybe a foldable device made of two such displays would fit as well.

8. paprikaleapt

I wonder what Tim Cook thought when he first saw the Apple pencil charging method and decided not to veto it.

lovelaptops and hiramkey like this.
  9. Mac jones

Mac jones Scribbler - Standard Member

The original pen in the Note was Wacom compatible As I recall. This became an issue I think. Don't know.

Anyways, are there larger optional pens?

10. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You could get the GB S pen on eBay for about $17. Using mine for the Tab A since my daughter doesn't use the pen on the GB 10 that I gave her.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Mac jones likes this.