Samsung SM-P200/P205 (Tab A with S-Pen, 2019)

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by Cuberdon75, Feb 26, 2019.

1. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Great! Knox is quite useful in corporate for device security and management. Maybe there's hope for an official USA version after all.

djas and nnthemperor like this.
  2. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm assuming you use a bluetooth headset for the purposes of a phone and possibly a speakerphone very occasionally? How is the voice quality?

Reason I ask is we have a customer where the new Tab a if it can stand in for a phone occasionally might solve a specific problem for one of our customers. Of course getting AT&T to let them use an imported device that is a tablet and not a phone per se that way on their network is a separate battle, but one obstacle at a time.

3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

So, how will updates work on this device? It will come with Android 9.0. When Android 10 comes out, will Samsung provide updates? If not, can the device be updated?

4. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Good question. Since it's not one of their high-end flagship devices, I wonder if they'd be bothered. Otherwise, it should be eligible for another round of update before it is abandoned.
    I doubt you'd be able to update it yourself without rooting which might affect the digitizer drivers. Can't speak intelligently about that though.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

5. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@Bronsky -- For what it's worth, my Tab S2 launched with Lollipop and updated over wifi to Nougat, 2 OS gens, without any need for my intervention. So I'd say that's the best you can hope for, but it might be less as @nnthemperor suggested since it's not a top-tier device.

Tams and nnthemperor like this.
  6. ronr9286t

ronr9286t Scribbler - Standard Member

Just returned from the AT&T store for adding a line and getting an additional sym card for my new P205. Took some fiddling to get the 4G symbol and the data to be turned on. I had tried the sym from my Surface GO LTE, and while I had data, there was no LTE symbol. It turns out that the P205 must be initiated as a phone to get 4G data and voice. AT&T charges the same for adding the line whether voice and data or data only. Now works like a champ.

Looking forward to using the WACOM EMR goodness for note-taking on projects.

Ron

7. lafester

lafester Scribbler - Standard Member

Nice! Where did you order from?

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  8. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Enjoy it. I found out that, unlike in the GN series, by default you don't actually have to detach the pen to activate the digitizer. it's convenient when I use my GB pen which has a better grip.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

9. paprikaleapt

paprikaleapt Scribbler - Standard Member

For the P205,

1. How's the speed?

2. How's the display?

Offhand I imagine these are two areas where the ipad mini 5 should dust the samsung tablet. So it's sort of a question of whether someone wants an ipad mini 5 with a 3rd party case with pencil holder vs Samusng's silo

10. lafester

lafester Scribbler - Standard Member

It's also half the price if you need gps or lte.
    If you want expandable storage there is no choice.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk