Samsung SM-P200/P205 (Tab A with S-Pen, 2019)

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by Cuberdon75, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Cuberdon75

Cuberdon75 Scribbler - Standard Member

2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Not a fan of the what looks like a 16:9-ish aspect ratio.....but an 8-incher is an 8-incher.... and it would be quite the perfect android equivalent to combat the upcoming iPad Mini refresh. I just hope they don't skimp on specs....like the 1st gen Tab A with S-Pen.....that was morbidly underspeced.....or price it outrageously as they did with the Tab S3 & S4.

3. Cuberdon75

Cuberdon75 Scribbler - Standard Member

I don't think Samsung has ever done 16:9 tablets. 16:10 at worst.

4. darkmagistric

They have....the 2nd gen i5 Series 7 Slate and its successor the 3rd gen i5 ATIV Smart PC Pro were both 16:9 ratioed 11-inchers.

And they're current Notebook 9 Pro 13 & 15 have been 16:9 as well.

Truthfully Samsung has been all over the place with screen aspect ratios....From 3:4, 3:2, 16:10, & 16:9. they can't seem to stick to a single ratio. The 1st gen Tab were 3:4......the 2nd gen Tab A was 16:10.......the S3 was 3:4.....and then S4 was 16:10.

Frankly I wish they would stick with 3:4.

JoeS and Cuberdon75 like this.
  5. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Don't take this as gospel, but if its the unit they talked to us about at CES, It's a mid range device generally. 1280*800 screen, snapdragon 675 processor, 3GB RAM. Android 9 with the latest Samsung Experience UI which is the same that's in the S10 phone

There is also a SKU (currently without description) in our system that is in the TAB A Range, so that would fit.

Additional caveat, Samsung is famous for fiddling with the specs after they show it but before they ship it.

nnthemperor likes this.
  6. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey, the first gen Tab A with s-pen has served me well, if only for basic stuff. The pitiful SoC at least gives it decent battery usage. That aspect ratio is just lovely. My display has gotten a load of pressure spots though...

The S3 and S4 were stupidly overpriced and they had the cheek to not have an integrated stylus.

I'm interested in this new one. I'd prefer a keyboard with it though and a squarer aspect ratio.

7. darkmagistric

Dear god I hope not. That res is not mid range.... for 2019 that as low end as you can get....like in the $100 range Galaxy Tab E family. That would be so pathetic is they give a new 8-inch Spen tablet a super low screen res.....Again...

8. desertlap

I wish I could say for sure. The current 8 inch active is that screen resolution. Possibly that's where Samsung sees the market.

However Samsung does seem to look to Apple for market guidance and with the new iPad mini being a fairly high spec device, perhaps they will follow suit.

Tams likes this.
  9. desertlap

So just an update which I don't know if it lessens or adds confusion, but the Tablet I gave the specs for above is a replacement for the current Active. ETA is probably May

The tablet in the link in the first post, may not be the same device as the model number doesn't seem to coincide.

nnthemperor likes this.
  10. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member

Sorry, but that's just buying into the "bigger numbers are better hype". Sure 1200x800 can be improved upon. However, at that size, it is perfectly usable. It comes with the benefit of using significantly less power and (the main reason it's chosen) makes the device cheaper. This is still Samsung's budget line (yes, the E line is even lower, but that's more bare-bones than budget), I don't know why you're expecting anything better. You'd be better off spending your energy making a case for them to release mid/top tier device at this size, but that place is not here.