Samsung S7+ Finally a worthy successor to the NotePro 12?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by stoneseeker, Aug 6, 2020.

1. fvig2001

fvig2001 Scribbler - Standard Member

I'll try it when I get home. I don't have a USB 3 cable here at the office. On my PC here, the app just crashes after connecting.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Clip Studio can both open and save to PSD files. However some things do get lost in translation. Text for example loses its ability to be edited, and some features that don't exist in Photoshop also don't carry over. Like the word balloon tool in Clipstudio, and certain brushes/layer effects like the layer effect of Add(Glow). Also in reverse, Photoshop main stays like the liquefy tool don't translate to clip studio either. As far as keyboard shortcuts, to my knowledge its the exact same as Photoshop. Even the interface for modifying them seems directly ripped off of Photoshops.

For the most part it should be a seamless transition. Alot of artists bounce between both programs. I use clipstudio for 95% of my art, but I bounce it to photoshop when I need specific brushes or textures. Clip Studio has alot of brushes but its nowhere near the amount you get with Photoshop.

3. darkmagistric

Why not just get the S7 (non +)? That has a LCD screen and its $200 cheaper at $649. The AMOLED screen is only for the + model. If I may ask, why do you view the AMOLED sucky for drawing?

4. fvig2001

It's a downgrade in terms of screen size from the Note Pro. It also has the same resolution. I kind of wish the freebie in my country was a Live Buds though instead of a Buds+.amoled also will end up with burn in given how It will be always have a white background during drawing.

@Shogmaster, the app keeps crashing on mine. I'm not sure if it's cable related. I hope it works on my PC with a USB 3.0 cable but I honestly don't want to install it because it will probably **** up my other tablet's driver.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  5. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Thanks for trying.

6. fvig2001

@Shogmaster
    I have tested it on my GPD Win 2 and it was crashing initially. Turns out power saving mode must be turned off.

Here's a video of me drawing on Sai 2 on my GPD Win 2. It's not the strongest PC out there.
    https://streamable.com/4dmf7q

That's on a 720p screen, so who knows how well it will work on a 1080p screen.

On my main device, the lag is significantly slower on a 2560x1600 screen. Maybe if I knew about this app earlier, I wouldn't have bought my Bosto BT-16HDT. It hates my 2nd video card though, GT1030, so I had to disable it, so I guess limited dual monitor usage for me with this on.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  7. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Thanks. Since My Tab S6 Lite works super fast with the app, I'd have to assume that the performance of the Tablet running SuperDisplay is important for minimizing the lag.

8. fvig2001

I might end up getting the S7+ in the end. Annoyingly, I can't cancel my live buds order from another store (freebie), so I'll probably have to figure out how to get rid of the extra buds live. In my mind, I feel I can get at least 4 years before I could just buy a new LCD for this tablet. Hopefully it will be close to $100 like my Notebook Pro 9's screen.

I've only seen 1 black demo unit. Is the brown close enough to the shiny part of the brown buds live?

9. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

I snagged a HP Zbook X2 maxxed out for a good deal, so I guess I'll be passing on this tablet for now. It would be nice to get this eventually when it comes down in price though!

10. darkmagistric

As someone who regularly uses the Zbook with a secondary USB-C touch/no pen monitor, the second screen feature might make the Tab S7+ the perfect secondary monitor to the Zbook.

"Second screen also lets you use the Galaxy Tab S7 and S7+ via Wireless Display as a second monitor or a drawing pad for your Samsung PC, so you can combine the power of your devices and have double the area to create, view and work. You can also utilize the S Pen and touch input on Tab while using Second screen."

Its clearly Samsung's response to the Apple's Sidecar function. Not sure how well it would work (wish it was wired, over wireless) but given the S7+ uses the same pen digitizer as the Zbook, provided the wireless connection doesn't suck horribly, it has the potential to be an excellent secondary monitor to the Zbook.

artistebot, stoneseeker and Marty like this.