Samsung QUADCORE, 8 threads, S Pen, 2-in-1 annouced

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by okieiam, Aug 21, 2017.

1. MobileTechReview

MobileTechReview Scribbler - Standard Member

That quad core is still a 15 watt Ultrabook CPU, it's not akin to the quad core 45 watt CPUs used in the Yoga 720 15" and gaming laptops. Battery life thus shouldn't suffer much.

Tams and okieiam like this.
  2. AvalonX

AvalonX Scribbler - Standard Member

Wonder what happened to this device, Samsung has been pretty quiet about it.

3. Art_N00b

Art_N00b Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah I search for it once a week or so. I'm already loving the Notebook 9 Pro, so an improved iteration of it definitely has my attention. My current impression is that the Notebook 9 Pen may be a Korea-only product.

Maybe that will change in time.

4. Shizaru

Shizaru Scribbler - Standard Member

I have been keeping an eye out for more news on this, and when I think of it I try some Korean searches for reviews etc. so far I haven't seen anything suggesting it's available in Korea either?

Afaik the CPU upgrade isn't socket or chipset compatible, so if they update the CPU they are going to have to make changes to the board to accommodate the Gen 8 processors. If they do that it seems strange that they wouldn't bring some of the other specs up to speed, such as GPU and USB-C?

Maybe this will never make it to US shelves and perhaps we will see a full refresh in Q1 or Q2 next year for the US market?

5. okieiam

okieiam Scribbler - Standard Member

But this one is Wacom EMR

6. MobileTechReview

MobileTechReview Scribbler - Standard Member

I was simply clarifying the CPU thing since some folks might not understand that all quad cores aren't created alike. I like EMR too :cool:

okieiam likes this.
  7. Yao

Yao Scribbler - Standard Member

this new quad core note 9 pen should be the same price range as the current 7th gen. Its still kaby-lake.

though for most real world every day usage. probably wont feel much a difference.

I can not find any information on when the updated 8th generation will be released.

good find on this though! :)