Samsung QUADCORE, 8 threads, S Pen, 2-in-1 annouced

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by okieiam, Aug 21, 2017.

1. okieiam

okieiam Scribbler - Standard Member

WillAdams and Selofain like this.
  2. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Samsung is definitively back on the windows market. Great.
    Now, give us also a good 8" tablet with 2 usb c ports (one for charging and the other for everything) and a pen (with a silo, please). And I am ready to pay for 8Gb on memory, 256 Gb of storage, and M3 processor. That way, I will retire my very young Galaxy Book 10.5, and definitively retire my 2 old AVN8.

WillAdams and Bronsky like this.
  3. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

Oh boy, a quad core would definitely clinch it for me. If this comes to pass, I am almost certainly replacing my T901 next year.

4. okieiam

WillAdams likes this.
  5. Fluffyfurball

Fluffyfurball Scribbler - Standard Member

That's nice to see but I couldn't wait that long so I went for a Lenovo.

okieiam likes this.
  6. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

I'll believe it when I see real workload benchmarks. They tout 48% increase in graphics performance (believable, since Intel GPUs are much farther behind Nvidia and AMD) and video compression at 1470% faster (also believable, since Intel Quick Sync is over 10 times faster than non-accelerated video compression) so I'm sure when they say "over 40%" they mean in those two specific workloads, not in general.

I suspect that Intel deliberately hid the details so that the media will jump to conclusions and assume a 40% increase in performance overall.

WillAdams and okieiam like this.
  7. Sergei

Sergei Digital Artist

Great to see a quad core version coming out. Hopefully it'll be available by the time I can afford it... I wonder how it'll effect battery life.

Incidentally I think there might be a misapprehension about the name because the source is Samsung's Korean site. I seem to remember reading that the original version is called the Notebook 9 Pen in the Korean market, so the new version will probably still be dubbed 'Pro' in the US.

8. okieiam

9. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I wonder, would a pass through connector on the charger be a viable option? Don't know enough about the workings of USB-C ports, but I'm visualising two female ports on the back of the male connector from the charger. Maybe even a port on the charging brick à la Surface charger. Would that be a workable solution?

10. AvalonX

AvalonX Scribbler - Standard Member

USB-C w/Thunderbolt 3 please. Display port wouldn't hurt either. Please let Wacom drivers recognize the pen and give us a 4K display option. That is pretty much a perfect device right there.

edit: The Korean site mentions a full HD screen but the quad core can edit 4K videos. Not very thought out really without a 4K screen!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017