Samsung Notes - some thoughts

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kumabjorn, May 24, 2021.

1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Getting the first generation Galaxy Note I remember the giddiness I felt when taking handwritten notes. Alas, after a while I began to realize that the Notes app was woefully underpowered. A month ago I got the Galaxy Tab 6 Lite and I'm waiting for delivery of the Galaxy Tab 8 with S-pen and I have to say that Samsung's Notes app has grown up to a handsome young and somewhat virile man.

I especially like that a new Note created through Air Command can be minimized to an icon always being on top. Right now I'm going through a 1200 page history book and all I have to do is tap that little icon and I'm ready to put down my thoughts or reaction. It would be even more fantastic if it allowed me to put a link there to the original place in the (epub) book so I can go straight back to the source. Now I have to remember to enter the page number so I can find it later.

It is also annoying that I can't launch a new note as a floating on top writing pad from inside the Notes app. I'm forced to close it down and then launch a new note from Air Command and then inside that not tap out and open an earlier note connected to the project (book). A whole lot of steps I could do without.

It also integrates a lot better with OneNote than ever before, except the Samsung notes will appear as a new page inside ON, the ability to place it on any page (I'm guessing MS requires some kind of licensing fee) would also save a lot of steps. But hey, it is better than nothing.

Tams, nnthemperor and Marty like this.
  2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Between college and law school, one of my jobs was as a text book rewriter. My hat is off to you if you can work on such material and not regularly want to jump off a bridge. :newpalm:

nnthemperor and Kumabjorn like this.