Samsung Notebook 9 Pro & Wacom Intuos 4 Problem

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Kam, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Kam

Kam Pen Pal - Newbie

I just installed my Wacom Intuos 4 into my Notebook 9 Pro and I'm running into a few issues.

When the tablet is intially plugged in, the mouse and feedback is very good. I can easily draw on Photoshop and I run into zero problems. But when I plug it out however... the mousepad stops working. The touchpad stops working too. Plugging the tablet back to its original USB port, the light on the tablet doesn't even show up. Nothing that concerns the mouse works... It's making me a bit iffy since I got this laptop for a pricey amount and I really love it so far.... I've tried Googling to see why the mousepad and touch pad isn't working after the tablet is plugged out but I got zero successes... I've tried reinstalling the tablet's driver, but zero successes also...

So I'm wondering.... Does anyone know what's going on? Can someone please help me?

PS The laptop comes with a pen itself but I don't use it since it's a bit annoying to switch it to tablet mode.

Also: it's running on WINDOWS10.
    Alsox2: I know wacom is known for their crappy drivers....
    Alsox3: Everything this whole shebang happens I have to force restart my laptop and I just feel so bad for abusing it like this....

2. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Man! -The N9P is the only full laptop on the market with true EMR at a decent screen size. We've been waiting for somebody to build this machine for years. I went to a fair amount of trouble to import one for those reasons, -and it's proving to be a fantastic art tool. I can't imagine why anybody would want to plug a cheap 'blind' tablet into it when you've basically got Samsung's equivalent of a $3000 Wacom Mobile Studio Pro.

Maybe re-tool your process to take advantage of the superior technology? And get a full-sized S Pen to go with it, for sure! It's an amazing drawing tablet.

I know that's not an answer to your driver problem, but... seriously, what were you thinking when you bought it?

3. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

4. Shizaru

Shizaru Scribbler - Standard Member

This isn't an answer to the why but it may save you restarting. Have you tried stopping the related services and restating them again? You will need to figure out which services are tied to the mousepad and Wacom etc.

I'm sure you have your reasons for using the Intuos as an input, but as the others have said the N9P with a full sized pen is an great drawing experience.

5. Art_N00b

Art_N00b Scribbler - Standard Member

There are at least two advantages to non-display tablet input that I've noticed:

-- Your hand will never block your view of the canvas

-- With an eye level monitor, you can maintain a natural, stacked posture. Or in other words, you don't have to slouch over your screen.

That being said, I could never get the hang of such tablets. I have heard some artists that start with them end up sticking with them out of preference and habit. Maybe @Kam tried on-display drawing with N9P but found he/she preferred the side tablet after all.