Samsung Notebook 9 Pen, 13'' and 15'' (2019)

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Cuberdon75, Dec 13, 2018.

1. fiswipes

fiswipes Pen Pal - Newbie

Funny how the cheaper pro laptop is made for people who make more money... while the more expensive pen laptop is geared towards people who make less money -- the artist.

2. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

1799 for the 15" with Nvidia Mx150 and 1599 for iGPU 15"....

jesus....

3. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Review of the 13 inch. They ding the display for brightness, which I find odd as my unit gets searingly bright.
    https://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/laptops/samsung-notebook-9-pro-13-inch-2019

And as usual, they never actually try the TB3 ports with actual TB3 devices. The good news is that at least my preliminary testing show they work properly unlike some other current systems like HP's Spectre Folio

4. fiswipes

fiswipes Pen Pal - Newbie

There's only 1 user review I've been able to find:

If you check the comments section, he gives recent updates on his use... mainly that battery discharge during standby mode is horrible and that he gets random Blue Screens of Death when working with robust software like After Effects.

Are you experiencing the same problems Desertlap?

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  5. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

That’s new.....so in essence.....Samsung basicly rebranded the Wacom Ink Pen. I wonder if this pen would require the manual switch over that the ink pen needed to switch from MPP to AES.

6. jhoff80

jhoff80 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm sure I'm not the only one having difficulty keeping these straight. Would it make sense to have a separate thread for the Notebook 9 Pro (2019) using what appears to be Wacom AES, and another thread for the Notebook 9 Pen (2019) that uses Wacom EMR?

I mean, even on this last page, we're conflating different reviews of different models.

7. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

njweb and thatcomicsguy like this.
  8. njweb

njweb Pen Pal - Newbie

PS: I originally thought the NB 9 was 15.6" like other laptops in this size class. It only being 15" (as opposed to 15.6") might * end up being a deal breaker since, at times, I use the laptop for work (when away from home) and I want to maximize screen real estate without moving up to 17 / 17.3" which lacks portability.
    15.6 has always been that sweet spot for me (balance between screen real estate and portability).

* I say 'might' above because I have not seen 15 and 15.6 side by side and maybe the difference will be manageable (or even negligeable).

9. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I noticed the size difference after the Dell Inspiron 15.6" I had earlier. 15.6" is a good size; that almost-an-extra-inch makes for a very big screen. But 15" is still enough, I find. I've not once hankered for more, so for me it still lives in that sweet spot, if on the lower side of it.

njweb likes this.