Samsung Notebook 9 Pen, 13'' and 15'' (2019)

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Cuberdon75, Dec 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twitfri

twitfri Scribbler - Standard Member

Amazon has the 13" and 15" listed for pre-order. Release date March 17th.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  2. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Ha. Exactly. Which I did a fresh install on a new, bigger SSD on my Thinkpad 14. I know, on my budget, I'm 6-9 months out. LOL.

3. fiswipes

fiswipes Pen Pal - Newbie

Lenovo had so many great sales going on for their Thinkpad X1 Yoga... but the allure of Samsung's pen machine was too strong for me to pull the trigger... that, and there's just so much complaints about the gen3 yoga machine.

I've been refreshing my google search for the notebook 9 pen for three months straight. I cant wait to finally rest my eyes.

4. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

Can’t wait to get my hands on this machine. Might have to buy a bigger Samsung S Pen for long periods of use.

5. twitfri

Amazon canceled my pre-order citing lack of availability. Did anyone else place an order? Makes no sense to cite availability for a pre-order

6. CreateNowSleepLater

CreateNowSleepLater Pen Pal - Newbie

That is a hefty price for a 1080p display. Come on Samsung. QHD would have been fine.

Art_N00b and YVerloc like this.
  7. fiswipes

fiswipes Pen Pal - Newbie

Does samsung usually do discount deals for laptops? Lenovo pretty much does wacky laptop deals every month.

8. twitfri

Release date confirmed for both Samsung Notebook 9 Pen 2019 (Amazon, Samsung) and Samsung notebook 9 pro 2019 (Best Buy, Samsung) to be March 17th.

9. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

oh snap….what I predicted was gonna happen eventually....seems to be gaining some traction.

Saw this on Engadget today.....
    https://www.engadget.com/2019/03/15...=homepage&utm_medium=internal&utm_source=dl#/

The Notebook 9 Pen we all knew about.....but the Notebook 9 Pro.....is also penabled.

The Pen design itself looks like the Galaxy Book 10 & 12 era S-pen.....but.....it looks rounder......and the nib assembly looks very AES/Ntrig-ish

Assuming it is... this is to my knowledge Samsung's 2nd usage of AES (the first being that Spin Tablet) which isn't that surprising…..but the fact that they took an EMR based S-Pen design....and turned it into a AES pen......gives me a bit of concern for the future of EMR S-pens.

Did a little mash up of the two pens.

samsung-notebook-9-pro-and-notebook-9-pen-1.jpg

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    thatcomicsguy likes this.
  10. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Hmmmm...

Maybe it's one of those "Works on both systems" kind of pens. (Do those exist?)

I wouldn't mind AES if it worked correctly, but it doesn't look like anybody is rushing to take on that responsibility. I wonder if I'll be snatching up another Notebook 9 Pro in a year's time as a hedge against the pen-ocalypse?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.