Samsung Notebook 9 Pen, 13'' and 15'' (2019)

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Cuberdon75, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Cuberdon75

Cuberdon75 Scribbler - Standard Member

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    soh5 and dellaster like this.
  2. dellaster

dellaster Technomad Senior Member

Yellow S-Pen in a silo for both. One of these might pair very nicely with a Galaxy Note 9.

As I was reading the news feed this morning I grew a little excited until I saw that the 15 inch will only have the mx150. I was hoping for the 1050 or 1050Ti Max-Q. So, it's not an alternative to the HP Spectre x360 15 (or Dell XPS 15) for me. FHD in a 15" would make it a no-go as well. I can live with 16:9 but not the pixelation.

3. jhoff80

jhoff80 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Heavier than the original so I'd assume they focused on build quality after the mainstream tech media complaints. Personally, I wouldn't have considered the original if it was 2.5 lbs like this one, but I know I'm in a minority here. (As I explained in the other thread, the light weight - approaching that of my original Surface Pro 2 - was one of the only reasons I was willing to give a 360 degree convertible a try over a detachable. The weight is important for me when using the pen.)

The two Thunderbolt 3 ports and additional USB-C sound nice, but other than that most of it doesn't sound like much of an upgrade to me.

Here's some more detailed specs though:

https://news.samsung.com/global/for-the-creators-introducing-the-new-samsung-notebook-9-pen

4. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

reduced latency?
    I'm rather fascinated by this concept....this I have to see

soh5 and Marty like this.
  5. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Still half a pound lighter than my X1Y3 though :eek:

6. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

The original 2017 Notebook 9 Pro is 3.79 lbs, so this 'heavier' version is still lighter than mine by .29 lbs.

I'm glad to see this line persisting.

I hope the reviews are good!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  7. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

I’m curious to see if they improved sound quality. My laptop is also my primary viewing/putzing device as well as my work device, so sound quality of some basic sort matters. It was a shortcoming specifically noted in earlier reviews, where it was actually noted as being pretty below average. It was one of the things that held me back.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  8. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Especially since they have the technology! -My Android Galaxy Tab S3 has spooky sound. I don't even know where the speakers are, and yet it has a voice and volume which can fill space in a way which seems kind of impossible for what is essentially a thick sheet of glass. It's true sci-fi.

My Notebook 9 Pro, by contrast, sounds like I should be looking for a string attached to a tin can at the other end...

They gotta get some cross-departmental information sharing happening!

Tams, hiramkey, Steve B and 1 other person like this.
  9. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member

"Notebook 9 Pen comes in 13”, for those who want a powerful, portable sketchbook, and 15”, for those who want a designer workstation that maximizes performance and screen real estate."

I'm glad that they aren't giving up on EMR tabletPCs, but those devices are neither of those.

10. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

I am buying the 15" model. I am already working with a 10.6" Galaxy Book.

I love the S-Pen writing feel and it doesnt even compare to the Surface Pen.

Microsoft made a big error going with N Trig

thatcomicsguy, Tams and DRTigerlilly like this.