Samsung Notebook 9 - 13" and 15" flippers with Windows 10 and spen

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by violajack, May 30, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

So I'm guess anything more than dirt-cheap is pretty much off the table huh?

What about you @stoneseeker? What price would make you want to get this?

It's funny, I've been on this forum for over 10 years and I still have no idea what other Canadians are paying for their tablet gear. Or even if they are following the latest tablet news.

From my journeys down to the local Memory Express, the enthusiast desktop PC market seems to be going strong (as you showed, Stone ;)). We get the latest video cards and processors just weeks after they come out in the States, but tablets...man we've got to wait like months for them to eek out. Is the demand really that low?

2. kneehowguys

kneehowguys Scribbler - Standard Member

Some of you may be wondering why Dstrauss has not recently responded to this despite this device's appeal as a companion device for a GN6 + big enough screen for old eyes

Sadly, Dstrauss is no longer with us and has entered tabletpc heaven where he watches over us from the stars

3. kneehowguys

kneehowguys Scribbler - Standard Member

Damnit, Dstrauss where are you?

4. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  5. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

@dstrauss
    Seems you are missed, you old coot.;)

6. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

I hope he hasn't been dstraussed..

7. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Rumors of his passing are greatly exaggerated...

That's two...

OK - that's three...

Coot...really?

[​IMG]

You gotta be more careful how many times you call the name children...

I just have trouble being excited about a 1080p screen that large, with only a 256gb SSD, despite having the requisite silo. If they can silo a pretty good small format pen in the Tab A10, they could do the same in the GB12 and GB 10.6. Even going with the relatively tiny GN 7 pen would be a blessing - and then they could sell the large format pen as an accessory. But you would ALWAYS have the pen with you.

OK kids - it's your thread again...

PS - anybody think he might just be at WWDC...NAH!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  8. YVerloc

YVerloc Pen Pal - Newbie

FHD? LOL

9. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Moving to another city? Or staying put in the East, just transferring homes??

10. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Well I paid through the nose for my T902 despite upgrading SSD and RAM myself, having ordered it custom from Japan, which was the only way aside from waiting for an Ebay seller that sold to Canada to get it here. It was $3200 after I upgraded it.
    The Vaio was ordered online too, and was far more reasonable but still came in around $1800 after taxes and everything... I spent $700 ish on the NotePro 12.2, actually bought the last one from Best Buy, but I suppose its more of a pro-sumer device.

For a machine I figure is going to be doing heavy lifting at work, I can justify the higher price tag and put it against my taxes come tax time, but this Samsung Book doesn't yet look to be enough of a upgrade to consider for me. The performance would likely be not as robust as the T902, with a lower power CPU that couldn't sustain long turbo speeds, though I imagine it might bench slightly higher results within short bursts... Nice looking 15" EMR is tempting, but I would just spring for the mobile studio pro if I was really wanting to get a larger form to replace my mobile setup I think. The Lenovo Yoga 720 15" is VERY tempting spec wise, but still not EMR... and I'm not really working as much mobile anymore, so its less priority for me right now to find the perfect all in one solution. I suppose having a powerful desktop at home opens the doors for considering deals on things like this if it ever went on crazy sale, like say, $1000 clearance at Best Buy I would consider if it had decent reviews and performance wasn't severely hampered.

Side note: Any Wacom AES equipped units to try at Canadian stores like Best Buy that your aware of? I wanna go demo Wacom AES to form a solid opinion on its potential in my workflow and any improvements it may have on Ntrig.

Marty and WillAdams like this.