Samsung Notebook 9 - 13" and 15" flippers with Windows 10 and spen

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by violajack, May 30, 2017.

1. fvig2001

fvig2001 Scribbler - Standard Member

Luckily, you don't need to remove the s-pen to use another pen unlike with the Android tablets. The disadvantages that we have with no Wacom feel drivers are:

1. Can't adjust pressure (I think Samsung is expecting it to be like Android apps where each app has their own settings)
    2. Can't reassign buttons. RadialMenu works but it has drawbacks with the eraser.
    3. Old apps won't work with the tablet.
    4. No way to recalibrate the pen.

2. HP2017

HP2017 Pen Pal - Newbie

You can?? Sorry, I'm new at this... but I thought the connections for SATA 3 and PCIe are different?

3. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

Windows has its own pen calibration, actually! It's a 16-point calibration under Tablet PC Settings in Control Panel. There is also a 279-point calibration done via cmd floating around these forums somewhere. Although it'll probably need adjusting since I think that was based off of a 1366x768 screen.

4. Shizaru

Shizaru Scribbler - Standard Member

@fvig2001, Glad to hear the s-oen can stay stowed away without causing issues.

The whole driver thing boggles the mind! If Samsung have restricted access to the Wacom drivers for whatever reason you would think they would emulate the features in their own driver. What the hell goes through the minds of the people in these companies?

twospirits and DRTigerlilly like this.
  5. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I might be mis-reading but.., did you miss this all-important newsflash? The driver issue is solved, as per Selofain's post here:

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/thr...windows-10-and-spen.72302/page-21#post-504736

Shizaru likes this.
  6. fvig2001

That only solves the button reassignment for the stylus's button. The eraser is broken when used with this. I actually don't use the button at all, so I might just disable it by disabling the service. @Selofain, that's good to know, at least it would fix the minor offset with the tablet. Thankfully, drawing is great on the tablet. I am so not used to ArtRage being so fast. I really need the XP Pen Remote since it's a pain to work with ArtRage without some kind of keyboard. I couldn't even find a way to adjust the brush size without a keyboard.

7. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Okay, so you were aware. Sorry! -For me that was the make-or-break feature that was missing before, so I'm quite happy to see it checked off the 'want' list.

Unless the pressure sensitivity is a lot too much in either direction, I'm more or less fine with the standard settings. Do you find it too soft or too hard? Would you classify this as a buy/not buy problem? How does the factory setting compare to the old Penabled pens would you say?

Thanks!

8. fvig2001

The pressure is fine for me at least with the pen. The eraser is kind of in a too soft that I'm worried about the screen getting scratched if I use it in the long run. I'm used to 256 levels of pressure on my m200 and the standard pressure in Galaxy Note tablets/phones, so I don't know if I'm a good reference. I'd buy it even though I've crapped all over the tablet. I just like options and I hate it when it is artificially restricted. I mean, the device's name uses Wacom style name, WCOMxxxx. It should be allowed to use feel drivers.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  9. mceagle555

mceagle555 Pen Pal - Newbie

Both are M.2 SSD connectors. It just depends on whether the motherboard supports PCIe NVME, which it does. I replaced the stock 256gb Lite-On SATA M.2 SSD (500mb/s speed) with a Samsung PM961 PCIe SSD (3200mb/s speed). Tested with CrystalDiskMark app. Super fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. HP2017

HP2017 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for your reply.

So, can I confirm that the connection of the stock SSD is not same as what is being indicated by the red arrow (below)?

STAT3.jpg

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017