Samsung Notebook 9 - 13" and 15" flippers with Windows 10 and spen

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by violajack, May 30, 2017.

1. fvig2001

fvig2001 Scribbler - Standard Member

@surfaceproartist , I installed 6.3.23-1 but it still doesn't detect the n9p's input in the Wacom application, which makes the whole thing with Photoshop a bit strange.

@thatcomicsguy , With the m200's stylus, side button summons the s-pen hover. Nothing else happens on Photoshop. The eraser end works but it really needs a way to be able to adjust the pressure sensitivity. I had to press harder than usual for it to erase.

@Bread, I'll check Krita later. I had to go to work early today and I have no case for my Notebook Pro 9 yet.

I still have not found a way to activate the Radeon 540. I asked Samsung's support chat (through the built in application), they wouldn't help me since it was an AMD issue. #Ugh. I think it might not be a good idea to update the Radeon 540 driver. It possibly broke graphic switching on mine and I don't know the version it came with. Can anyone with a fresh one check what version was installed?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    Bread likes this.
  2. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@fvig2001 The Feel driver didn't complain about compatibility when you installed it? Where did you find that version?

What Wacom application are you referring to? Maybe I'm confused, were you able to install it or not?

Does the pen perform as it did originally but with the ability to right click with the pen button?

3. fvig2001

I got the driver from:
    http://www.wacom.com/en/support/product-support/drivers
    the first one. It didn't complain during setup. I was referring to the main application of Wacom, I can't remember the name, it's the main hub for settings and stuff. I still can't adjust pressure and what the buttons do though. I used Photoshop CC with default settings.

Shizaru and surfaceproartist like this.
  4. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Interesting so Wacom must have created the compatibility check sometime afterwards.

Ok, I see what happened. Those drivers are for Cintiqs. Tablet PCs use the Feel driver located here: http://us.wacom.com/en/feeldriver/

It's still possible that an older version might run.

5. Shizaru

Shizaru Scribbler - Standard Member

There's a lot to like about Krita imho. I love the user experience it's very intuitive and it's very easy on the eye and it has some great features. It's a shame it's not quite polished enough on windows, but they have come along way since the early days. The developers really care about the project and they listen to the community and try to proactively respond to feedback. I have seen the devs out and about posting comments on Ytube and forums. They are getting really close to being a serious contender with the established software houses, which is amazing given the limited resources they have.

If I were a millionaire Krita is one project that I would drop a decent chunk of change on to help them out.

Azzart and WillAdams like this.
  6. mceagle555

mceagle555 Pen Pal - Newbie

Just wanted to confirm that you can swap the SATA 3 SSD for a PCIe NVME m.2. I swapped it out for a Samsung PM961 and get full 2500 via CrystalDiskMark

Art_N00b and Shizaru like this.
  7. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Still interested to see if tilt is working or not with the Citinq drivers, as well as right click on the pen button. Those two details weren't noted in the earlier post. Thanks so much for the investigation! :)

8. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

SO, for those who don't also read the Galaxy Book thread, a solution for right click has been found by @HowdyDoody! And it doesn't involve a clean installation!

Basically, you disable two Samsung services: Samsung Pen Service and Samsung Firmware Interface Service. Then you install Radial Menu and set the eraser to Right Mouse. Voila, hover right click on your s-pen!

Obviously, you lose access to what little Samsung settings there are, but they still hold after you disable the services, so set it and forget it. Tilt still works in Windows Sketchpad. Pressure sensitivity is fine.

The only real downside is that, while the eraser ends on my other pens still work as eraser, it also pulls up a right click menu. But on the N9P, you don't need to use the s-pen, so Radial Menu should work to remap all your pen buttons just fine.

9. AvalonX

AvalonX Scribbler - Standard Member

You actually did this? Is it possible you just got lucky? Those coupons are pretty specific. Not trying to be cheeky, I just dont want to drive out to a store if it doesn't work.

Love to see the answer to the 4k@60hz output as well.

10. fvig2001

It looks like the Staedtler Noris stylus is back in stock at Amazon's low price of $26.60. I thought I'd get mine on October.

Your new estimated delivery date is:Wednesday, August 9, 2017 - Saturday, August 12, 2017

Your previous estimated delivery date:Tuesday, August 29, 2017 - Saturday, September 30, 2017