Samsung Notebook 9 - 13" and 15" flippers with Windows 10 and spen

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by violajack, May 30, 2017.

1. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

On a different note- did anyone figure out how to get the right click button to just be a right click? And not use the Samsung stuff? Did you just uninstall the Samsung program? Or did it run deeper than that? Button control is very useful.

My Thinkpad had to be sent in for repairs at the depot, and I'm considering picking one of these up and testing it for a few weeks.

2. fvig2001

fvig2001 Scribbler - Standard Member

Based on Lisa's review, you'd have to wait for Wacom to allow the standard wacom drivers to be installed on this device in order to customize the button. Hopefully it gets updated soon since I like changing stylus sensitivity and disabling the button. Based on the review, she said there were no stylus options, which is weird but my Galaxy Note devices practically had no settings other than showing the shortcuts when pulled and detecting when the pen is removed. There also no mention of s pen related settings on the manual.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  3. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

It's probably a stupid question, but somebody indulge me...

What happens if a user installs one of the old Wacom Penabled drivers? Does the computer refuse to run the install? Does it just not recognize the hardware?

Has somebody already tried this and I just failed to read the post?

What happens if you plug in an Intuos tablet or a Cintiq and install its drivers?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  4. thatcomicsguy

Waaaait a second...

What does a stylus side button actually do on this computer?

Can it be used the way the old single-button Penabled pens were, where the button can trigger a mouse equivalent right click?

Can you set the pen to perform that convenient "hover click" feature?

WillAdams likes this.
  5. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

As far as I know, the answer is no. It only pulls up Samsung's stupid pen interface program.

6. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Samsung's Pen feature menu looks like this:

It's fine in Android, but on a full fledged windows PC they better allow us to install the Wacom driver or use the windows 10 pen menu to customize the button stat! I would not be able to use this machine at all if I couldn't right click with the pen.

7. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

I tried installing 7.2 Wacom drivers on the Galaxy Book. No go- you get the no supported tablet found error. We figure it's because the hardware id is different enough that it doesn't recognise it.

It's haaaaard and it sucks. :( Especially since CSP doesn't do hold to right click.

Maybe if we all complain to Samsung collectively...

8. fvig2001

fvig2001 Scribbler - Standard Member

With regards to the driver, what is the closest device that supports the wacom emr of this tablet? I'm thinking maybe we can hack the driver and application to detect the Notebook 9 Pro as another device. Preferably one that has tilt too with the same amount of pressure. Samsung support doesn't want to confirm or deny if it will ever get the feel drivers.

9. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

None.

10. thatcomicsguy

Oh. My. God.

Did somebody utter one of the Tablet Deities' names in vain? Or not make the annual goat sacrifice in accordance with the Law? This on-going bait & switch, "So Close And Yet So Far" cosmic joke has been running for years.

Well.., I guess at least I can stop grumbling about the lack of units available in Canada.

I wonder how hackable the driver code is... Maybe the Bongofish people could do something about this.

But seriously: Wow.