Samsung Notebook 9 - 13" and 15" flippers with Windows 10 and spen

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by violajack, May 30, 2017.

1. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

!!! Suddenly, the N9P is a bit more tempting!

And there's no unusual IAF difference the way there is on the GB? Because I think it's weird that older EMR pens require so much more pressure than they normally require on Samsung EMR vs regular EMR.

2. neongolden

neongolden Scribbler - Standard Member

Just curious if anyone's used this and would vouch for it as the prospective hotkey companion for the N9P. Is there anything you'd point me towards instead? (@Marty , for instance, mentioned just setting up a Wiimote as an option for hotkeys in a private conversation.)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...7-b4d4-466b-8c26-2639359664eb&pf_rd_i=desktop

I'm basically envisioning the N9P, plus a stand with at least one fixed position like the popular Artisul, and then an S-pen like the Noris Digital coming together as a comfortable 15.6" EMR mobile setup, all for possibly less than $1400.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    Marty and WillAdams like this.
  3. Bread

Bread Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone here tried both sizes? If so, how do they compare to each other? Do you prefer one over the other?

4. fvig2001

fvig2001 Scribbler - Standard Member

So a 3rd party reseller on Amazon finally had a price closer to Best Buy's with tax and I bought it. It will probably arrive in like a month in my country. So I'm excited and I was wondering about the following things from owners:

1. Did you buy a screen protector? I plan to use the plastic tips and possibly old styli with erasers.
    2. Is it true that all pens magically work without offset (As Lisa stated in the review)? I want to try using my m200 stylus, the bigger stylus with an eraser made for Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
    3. What cases do you guys use?

I really hope mine arrives without issues.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  5. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I don't use screen protectors since a screen protector on my Newton damaged the tip on a stylus resulting in a scratch on my screen and needing to replace the stylus.

Bread likes this.
  6. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

Lightning thought: what are the chances that the lack of offset with older EMR pens is due to a driver update rather than a hardware update?

Will we be seeing this backwards compatibility with other Samsung devices, is what I'm saying.

*looks furtively at Galaxy Book*

7. fvig2001

fvig2001 Scribbler - Standard Member

I doubt Samsung would do that given their history of supporting older cellphones and Wacom would probably stop them from doing so. Wasn't Wacom limiting Samsung from using higher pressure sensitivity on the tablet note line?

With regards to the M.2 Sata, the 80mm kind should fit on the slot right? I'm thinking of going 1 TB.

8. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

The Galaxy Book came out what, two months ago? That's hardly a last generation device, much less EOL, and besides which, computers and phones are completely different ballgames. It's hardly fair to compare the two.

If it's a driver issue, then yes, I do expect to see this backwards compatibility on my Galaxy Book eventually. I can't see why Wacom would stop them from doing something they've already done.

9. COGBABY

COGBABY Pen Pal - Newbie

How about right-clicking with a stylus? Is there a compatible pen that can do that?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  10. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

What's ended up being the story on right click and programming buttons? Is the barrel button still bringing up the Samsung programming? Or is there a way to get it to right-click, etc?

COGBABY likes this.