Samsung Notebook 9 - 13" and 15" flippers with Windows 10 and spen

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by violajack, May 30, 2017.

1. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

The last noticeable speed difference I experienced was going from a 2004 Pentium M to a variety of full-on Intel core series computers starting around 2016.

I've used both Core i5 and i7 machines in the last three years, and any speed differences between them have been imperceptible when it comes to the basic web and drawing software I use.

I find the SSD is where the really big bottlenecks occur today.

But I don't use processor heavy software, like big spreadsheets or 3D applications. FWIW.

2. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

But isn't that because you absolutely refused to upgrade from your Tecra M4 until it broke down? :D

(Man you worked that thing until it literally gave up every last ounce of life it had...ah, for the love of a good EMR tablet ;))

thatcomicsguy and DRTigerlilly like this.
  3. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Speaking of the Tecras, when I was at CES, there was an importer there showing the new Toshiba Portege x series with which is like a cross between the Samsung and surface lines . Sadly there is no official plans to bring it to the US. The version I saw had a Singapore market keyboard layout which I suspect would drive American users nuts, but boy was the machine itself nice.

thatcomicsguy and Marty like this.
  4. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

@desertlap what tech was the portege using AES?

5. desertlap

I wouldn't swear to it, but the importer folks claimed it was EMR. Take that with a grain of salt though as I pointed out the HDR support on the display to them, much to their surprise.

6. DRTigerlilly

was this the x30T model with the travel keyboard (like a type cover) and keyboard dock?

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  7. desertlap

Yes that's the one

8. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Nice tablet. -It even has an Ethernet port!

It uses Wacom AES, according to Toshiba's info page, and has a 13.3" screen.

Despite its age, I'd probably still opt for the Fujitsu t904 since they have basically the same features, but the Fuji hails from the previous gen of EMR.

It's good to see Toshiba still making tablets, though. I wonder if they're going to make some kind of real comeback?

DRTigerlilly likes this.
  9. DRTigerlilly

it is a really nice tablet, unfortunately Toshiba support sucks.
    Don't see a comeback in their future.

10. Io-T

Io-T Pen Pal - Newbie

Since I've been doing most of my commission work these days on a Samsung tab S3 running android... for my birthday my hubs got me the 8th gen 15 incher of these bad boys open box from Best Buy for like 910$ and I had some inquiries.

1. Has anyone else had some occasional issues with palm rejection? I keep getting stray dots which I never got on my S3.

2. Are there any decent eraser pens out there? I don't want to give up how good the pen feels, and damn I forgot how much faster I work with pen and touch (been stuck with wacom knock offs on my PC for a while) but I do find myself missing the quick flip to erase.