Samsung Notebook 9 - 13" and 15" flippers with Windows 10 and spen

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by violajack, May 30, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I know they probably were too tight-lipped to answer this, but did they hint at if they would be using the same 15" AMOLED panel in the Spectre 15 refresh and Yoga C730 in their own products?

Perhaps maybe even a larger (exclusive) 3:2 OLED panel for a new Galaxy Book or Galaxy convertible? Any indication if they were prioritizing Windows more, or still focusing on Android primarily?

(Sorry to bombard you with questions :p)

2. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

They didn't say and knowing HP and Lenovo, they both multi-source their display tech so I think it's likely that the actual shipping units could have LG or Sharp displays as well as Samsung.

Specific to the Galaxy Book 2, I have already seen/heard a couple of indirect references from other Samsung people about a Book 2 Pro. Primary features being intel y-series processors and 5G connectivity.

Officially when I asked "we can't comment on unannounced products"

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2019
    Marty and dellaster like this.
  3. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

One more quick nugget, the Samsung folks told me there were going to be multiple new hardware products announced along with the s10 phone announcement.

DRTigerlilly and dellaster like this.
  4. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Sooo, I'm finally noticing the age of my N9P.

The battery provides about half the life it did when it was new. About 2.5 hours before the warning messages start coming up. Still enough for a moderate drawing session. -Not bad after 16 months of near-daily use.

It might be time to start looking at new batteries. Luckily, it appears they are also half the price and twice as available now!

5. GunplaCyril

GunplaCyril Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone here try to use this laptop with a wacom intuos tablet? Do the drivers conflict? Its strange I know, but I have my reasons lol.

6. thatcomicsguy

I was able to drive my Dell Canvas from it.

It sometimes takes a bit of juggling, but generally you can get multiple Wacom devices working properly. I've had all combinations working correctly over the years.

Just out of curiosity, what are you doing?

WillAdams likes this.
  7. thatcomicsguy

Anybody else get this? It just popped up ten minutes ago:

screenshot.3.jpg
    After Samsung removed in the last BIOS update a few features I actually used, (in particular, the ability to turn my webcam on or off, now leaving me permanently stuck in the 'off' position - Thanks guys!), I am wary as hell of allowing them any further updates to my system.

But when it comes to air command and anything related to the stylus... The gambler in me is always thinking, "Oooh! What if it makes it better?? What if they allow all those previously missing features we've all complained about?"

And what do they mean by DPI configuration? What does that even do?

Anyway, I thought I should check in here first. Y'know, let it marinate for a few days before deciding to update.

So what do y'all think of these?

8. Shizaru

Shizaru Scribbler - Standard Member

On my system there also seems to be a new Pen Service Driver. Iirc I disabled this when I was setting up radial menu.

I installed the DPI driver but I can't say I noticed what impact it had. Nothing negative that I noticed which is cool. No idea what it's supposed to achieve?

I removed the Air Command and like you I'm curious but not curious enough. I'm happy to wait for your curiosity to over power you and look forward to your report. :) It shouldn't be a big deal to try it it's easy to remove.

There also seems to be a new sound driver.

Have you already installed some of those items recently? I checked for updates the other day and some of these weren't available when I looked.

Edit: The samsung updater is bloody annoying because they don't give change log info etc. They also don't provide a roll back option, which is an issue if you don't bother downloading each version and keep track of them.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  9. GunplaCyril

GunplaCyril Pen Pal - Newbie

On my home pc, I use a the wacom intuos for large gesture sculpting and initial blocking and editing proportions of the sculpt, painting, etc. Its more ergonomic for me that way if I can use the intuos tablet on this laptop for general detail, then switch over to the built in s-pen for precision work.

10. kurt corbin

kurt corbin Scribbler - Standard Member

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019