Samsung Notebook 9 - 13" and 15" flippers with Windows 10 and spen

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by violajack, May 30, 2017.

1. overground55

overground55 Pen Pal - Newbie

I downloaded Lazy Nezumi and spent some time in the settings and played around with the different brush controls... This tool is quite dense, and requires serious investment to figure everything out. Have you found some reliable go-to features you turn on, and others you leave off to get the best control of your brushes? Have you found a way to adjust the settings in such a way that drawing on your tablet feels almost on par with drawing with an actual pencil on paper? Up to this point I have never been able to achieve this. I always prefer pencil on paper at the end of the day. I get the best control over my work this way, although it would be wonderful if a similar experience could be had somehow on my N9P. I am hoping enough playing around in this tool can bring this sort of experience out.

2. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

At around 13:20 you can see the controls used to adjust the pressure curve of the pen in Photoshop: just activate only the Pressure Curve voice in that menu and adjust to your liking and if you also want a very smooth gradient between light and heavy stroke activate Pressure Processing too. Leave everything else unchecked. ;)

Aside from that I have to say it's been at least a year since the last time I drew something in Photoshop, I prefer Clip Studio now.
    As for the pencil... It's been so long I haven't used one I don't even remember the feeling anymore :D

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  3. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

you mean tilt? no that will not work with this pen:(

4. overground55

Aw shucks, well it was worth a shot. It's a nifty little pen, but small things like this can be deal breakers unfortunately.

5. overground55

So more and more I've been getting an error message on my N9P. It shows almost every time I wake my computer out of sleep mode. Once before it appeared while I was in the midst of a project. It wasn't any task that should have been especially taxing on my computer. It reads "There was an error detecting your system's batteries." I'll attach an image below.
    You guys have any idea what this could be?
    It doesn't seem to effect the performance of my machine, although I'm not sure what tests I should be performing to see what it might be wreaking havoc on.

Attached Files:

6. defjeff

defjeff Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone here using Clip Studio Paint with their Notebook 9 Pro? I've been having problems with it.

The issue right now is that I get a hitch in the cursor after undoing or using the color picker.

Shown here-->https://i.gyazo.com/b57793ef3bf013dd22588d544b788a62.mp4

It's a shame because I love the brush engine. It's buttery smooth. But I keep encountering little problems like this.

7. kneehowguys

kneehowguys Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Samsung Notebook 9 - 13" and 15" flippers with Windows 10 and spen

Flippers unite

8. Minchi

Minchi Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the Notebook 9 pro (15 in Radeon (8th gen 16 GB U) and it hasn't had this issue yet, however I've only had it for 2 days. This is in CSP aswell. What pen are you using? It may be a pressure thing more than an undo.

I personally had some questions for anyone willing to answer. I got this thing as many probably did, as an art device substitute, and I like it, but was wondering if anyone has experienced some serious issues with theirs after their longer term use of it. Since it's not a "tablet" PC and I have to kind of depend on the base also not messing since the guts are all in there I'm afraid of the potential of one or the other breaking, and I really don't know how these 2 in 1s hold up to tablet PCs like surface pro or the Galaxy Book. My only qualm is either of those seems like a downgrade.

Also has anyone seen an alternative S-pen/wacom 2 in 1 or Tablet PC with similar or better specs @ around the same price point (if a little higher ~>1600 USD)? This honestly seemed to be the best option on the market, cutting away a bit of laptop typicals like quality front and back facing cameras, fingerprint scanners, and a more stylistic body. The best alternatives I see are the Galaxy Book, which seems to be a costly downgrade (I guess the trade off is probably better camera, and higher screen res), and stuff like the HP Zbook g4 although those seem to be costly in comparison. I'm a bit wary that they may of cut back in important areas of this 2 in 1 that may decrease longevity so if anyone has any alternatives or facts I would love to know (I'm going to still browse the thread to see others input aswell).

9. GunplaCyril

GunplaCyril Pen Pal - Newbie

I've realized that when using the s pen with the wintab drivers, there is a slight ever so small delay whenever I use it, especially when using it navigate through the viewport on 3d programs, like panning or rotating views. Its super small delay, but I was able to replicate this issue with my desktop with my intuos tablet, when I have windows ink enabled on the wacom settings, so I'm pretty sure its a windows ink "feature." Toggled off on wacom settings, the lag goes away. I can see the lag when I use my mouse in comparison to my s pen.

Obviously there's no accessible gui settings for the s pen with radial menu hack in this laptop. Does anyone here know how to disable windows ink on this machine? Or even better for specific programs? I'd like to get rid of that minor lag.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  10. GunplaCyril

GunplaCyril Pen Pal - Newbie

Welp, samsung announced 2019 refresh of notebook 9 pro at CES, and it looks like its not using s-pen for this "pro" line anymore, looks a lot like a big battery powered stylus (ntrig or aes). Guess we can only look to their upcoming 2019 "notebook 9 pen" line for the best stylus experience.