Samsung Note 8 or Note 10.1?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by pmcd, May 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. e-schreiber

e-schreiber ƒ(x) / fashion Senior Member

A size that people find cool today, might be considered strange in 10 years. Fads come and go. People are not consistent or even rational. And marketing departments take advantage of that when they want to lure people into embracing trends. Just get what works the best for you and try to ignore the "wisdom of the crowd".

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy FORMER Editor, TabletPCReview Staff Member

I'm not sure whether you're speaking theoretically, so just in case: while the Galaxy Note and Note II can act as phones, the rest of the Note series cannot.

3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Initial press from Samsung indicated that the Note 8 would be released in a standard WIFI version and, later, in a phone capable version.

4. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

I think the phone capable version is only for the non-North American markets.

5. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

The good thing about Samsung is that all their Tablets 3G GSM International version have phone capabilities. You can send and receive calls.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

6. klachowski

klachowski Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, I was speaking semi-theorectically. I have read some press articles and such claiming the Note 8 can be used as a phone. Maybe as others have said it is only outside the US. Honestly by the time I'd be in the market for a new phone the whole tech landscape will have changed, but IF a phone call capable Note 8 type device was on the US market under a carrier I liked I would be very tempted.

7. Wolfskin75

Wolfskin75 Pen Pal - Newbie

I just bought the 10.1 version strictly cause of work space are. I think I have made a good decision but we just got the 8' versions in at work and it looks really nice. It really all depends what you are going to use it for in the end. Hopefully their will be a chance to have both in my case. (if this is a double post.. I am sorry)

8. benyze

benyze Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi to All,
    I would buy a Galaxy Note. My target is to substitute my Asus TF101 with a tablet which allows me to use a pen.

I need a tablet which allow me to read pdf and ebook and get annotation on them or on a blank "sheet". Which device do you raccomand to me?

I have some doubts about a readability of an A4 PDF formatted on a Note 8 without use zoom.

Thanks.

9. hitman

hitman Scribbler - Standard Member

Tried the Samsung 8 today as the adjacent Samsung 10 in the shop wasn't working.
    Very impressed - the stylus felt great and compared favourably to my Lenovo X200.
    I would also need to connect to a VGA projector - is this possible?
    Also to open and annotate pdfs.
    I think there is a one note app on google - has anyone used this?
    I would also like to be able to open and share docs on Google drive which I would imagine should work on the Samsung.
    Finally I see a new Samsung note phone has just been released - does anyone know when the likely date is for an update of the Samsung 8 and Samsung 10?
    cheers

10. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

I use ezPDF from the market to Mark up pdf files.

Google drive is a Google service so you can rest assured that pretty much any Android device has the capability to access it. The issue is to have an MS Office app that will give you good compatibility to your desktop-created files.

The note 3 and note 10 2014 were announced 2 weeks ago. Those will be available at the end of this month in some places and pretty much everywhere else next month. The note 8 was released in March or April this year so I assume if there is a followup to this tablet (which there are no rumors of) it would be till around March next year

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.