Samsung note 10.1 or samsung ativ tablet

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by shekwomwaza, Jul 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shekwomwaza

shekwomwaza Pen Pal - Newbie

I want to buy a tablet basically for taking notes in class. both devices have the S-PEN and the only difference is the operating system. Which do you think I should for; The Note 10.1 or the ATIV tablet?

2. cookies4you

cookies4you Scribbler - Standard Member

Definitely the ATIV.

If you're taking classes, chances are, you're in a school.

If you're in a school, chances are, they're running Windows.

Windows and Windows match together like glass and glass.

The ATIV also has a keyboard dock, which the Note doesn't.

You can even run MS Office if you wanted to.

3. shekwomwaza

shekwomwaza Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah, I thought like wise but one other thing I am considering is the price tag. I can at the moment only afford to spend a bit more than $500 for the tablet.

4. AmberLamps

AmberLamps Pen Pal - Newbie

Not even a close decision. Get the Ative. Android or IPad tablets are pretty useless for anything besides browsing internet and playing games and they aren't even that gr8 at those tasks because they do not support flash so web browsing sucks alto of the time. Windows8 is by far the best mobile operating system ever made and will only get better.

5. AmberLamps

AmberLamps Pen Pal - Newbie

if u want a cheaper option I recommend the ASUS VivoTab Smart. You can price match at BestBuy to Amazon and pick it up today for $399. It also comes loaded with full MS Office suit and I'm pretty sure you can uses a digitized pen with this tablet. I have had mine for a month and I love it. Completely replaced my laptop.

I also prefer the build quality of the Asus over the Samsung, and I'm a big Samsung fan. But I tried both and preferred the Asus. Also tried the Note 10.1 but the limitations of Android just sucked.

6. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

There are a lot of ATIV options to consider.

1. Atom powered Light and long battery life:
    ATIV Smart PC 500T - $600 11.6" 1366x768 LCD, Clovertrail Atom comes with faulty attachable keyboard (converts to laptop).
    ATIV 3 - $??? 10.1" 1366x768 LCD, same hardware as 500T, but no keyboard and lighter.

2. Core i5 powered moderate battery life:
    ATIV Smart PC Pro 700T - $1000~$1200 11.6" 1920x1080 LCD, 3rd gen Core processor with faulty attachable keyboard (converts to la[top).
    ATIV Q - $1400+ 13.3" 3200x1800 LCD, 4th gen Core processor, slider convertible into a laptop.

WIth the first group, you have weak processor but you'll get all the battery life. With the second group, you have good processing power, but battery life is between 4 to 6 hours.

7. gmang

gmang Pen Pal - Newbie

But... do all those have wacom stylus? I though it was only the "pro" ones... god, all these tablet things are so confusing. Most of the websites and reviews don't even bother mentioning if the tablet uses a stylus or not.

8. baxter

baxter Scribbler - Standard Member

9. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I can't agree with Clovertrail Atom tablet recommendation in 2014 unless it's damn near free. $200 is still not a good deal when you have something like the Asus Note 8 for $100 more.

10. gmang

gmang Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't know. I have a fujitsu t4420 and speed wise I find it 100% satisfactory. I'm just bothered by its weight. What I'd really like is something light, with the biggest possible screen and cheap. I don't really mind about the speed too much, I won't work in high resolution on it anyway.

P.S: The people from the offer don't ship to Europe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.