Samsung Galaxy TabPro S (SM-W700)

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Marty, Sep 16, 2015.

1. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 Editor-in-Chief of TechAndTiny Senior Member

Everyone is just begging for a Core M-powered device in something less than 12-inches. This is actually a more common request than I had originally thought. Today, I was checking the Facebook comments for GPD's upcoming Pocket, a 7-inch laptop/netbook-esque device, and multiple people had requested a Core M CPU in it. I seriously do not understand why no one is willing to invest in a 10-inch and under Core M device. It is almost as if they are afraid it would cut into their larger notebook sales or they purposely have their hands over their ears and are going "nah, nah, I'm not listening." Maybe it is the Apple mentality has rubbed off too much on the rest of the industry: we listened, and we are telling you this is what you want so like it or leave it!

Bronsky and alextrela182 like this.
  2. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 Editor-in-Chief of TechAndTiny Senior Member

3. lewdvig

lewdvig Pen Pal - Newbie

I've owned every model of Surface portable and I prefer the SM-W700 to any of them.

Why?
    - The AMOLED screen is like having angels gently caress your eyes.
    - It's cooler and quieter than the Surfaces I've owned
    - It's thinner
    - With simple, non-registry/XTU tweaks I can get 8-9 hours of use easily.

Things that I don't like?
    - Samsung support: trying to track down a replacement KB case for mine is an exercise in futility. The reps tell me things like "I can't give you a part number because it keeps changing."
    - No mSD card slot.
    - Only one USB port.

sonichedgehog360 and dellaster like this.
  4. Serton

Serton Pen Pal - Newbie

5. DanielNTX

DanielNTX Scribbler - Standard Member

6. SammyGBook12

SammyGBook12 Pen Pal - Newbie

Fancy sharing your battery saving tweaks?;)

DRTigerlilly likes this.
  7. zan5hin

zan5hin Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, I am new to this thread and am excited to have just ordered a TabPro S after having my eye on it since announcement.

I just had a long look at the entire market and couldn't find a better device for outside sales / watching TV and movies / travel - with the screen brightness and sunlight readability being a bigger factor than for most users. Still, I compared it against many other models even devices double the price I ended up purchasing for.

eBay in Australia had a 15% coupon, so I chose a used device in great condition - the gold 8GB / 256GB version that is not available in Australia AT ALL.

I had to buy the charger separately, but I got an AU charger easily on eBay, as well as the Multiport adapter which seems to be mandatory. Total damage was only AU$625 (US$472) and this was with the extra dongle and australia shipping tax!

It is interesting that this is pretty much the price I paid for my iPad Air 16GB WiFi in November 2013. In four years I now get a device with true multitasking, 8x the RAM, 16x the Storage, 2x the Processor, Bigger & Better OLED screen, proper mass storage, proper HTPC ability.

Bonus points because I already have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge since launch so I get to play with that sync software as well. Actually useful to be able to turn off hotspot from the device and other features if it all works.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    WillAdams and harrodeleted like this.