Samsung Galaxy TabPro S (SM-W700)

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Marty, Sep 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don1

Don1 Scribbler - Standard Member

I would hope it's AAAA :)

2. ElCamino

ElCamino Pen Pal - Newbie

I semi looked through this complete thread, and from what I see is that no one has been able to use a different stylus with the Galaxy TabPro S? I had several stylus at home, from HP, Surface, Surface 4, Bamboo, etc... and neither have worked.

3. magnum2107

magnum2107 Scribbler - Standard Member

Bamboo Fineline 2 works. No palm rejection though. Works perfectly fine for things like signing documents, but without palm rejection I'm sure it's not suitable for artists and the like.

4. ElCamino

ElCamino Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks! I agree without palm rejection, it becomes a challenge to mark up documents or draw on the screen. I may just pick up the Bamboo Fine line 2 you mentioned, only because I am going to using the Galaxy TabPro S as a portable note pad, email, Word, some Excel, PDF documents to mark up and sign and for mapping locations.

5. magnum2107

I would love to know why it's taking so long for them to release the official pen for this device. That and the usb hub for that matter. The Fineline serves my purposes but the official pen would've been nice.

6. Giacomo UCDS

Giacomo UCDS Tablet PC addicted

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Bamboo Fineline 2 is a capacitive pen, and as a pointer it should work on every capacitive tablet. If I remember well, Wacom told me that it uses a ultra-thin pen tip but creates a sort of "electro-magnetic bubble" that is recognized by the screen as a finger - the palm rejection and pressure sensitivity are provided via Bluetooth.

7. magnum2107

Samsung just pushed the TabPro Pen Manager software to my device. Maybe that means the pen is finally coming to us. Would be nice if it came in time for me to return my Fineline 2.

8. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

The pen is going on sale with orders of the TabPro S ($900) on the MCX May 11 - 22 catalog, so it should hit stores very soon. The pen is apparently "designed by Wacom", so it could finally be the fabled universal stylus.

9. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

That says it is a "Bluetooth C-Pen" which would mean to me a Bluetooth connected capacitive stylus, like teh Bamboo Fineline, which is not an active stylus like the Wacom AES or N-Trig...

10. magnum2107

Yes. No indication in this ad, though, that it's the official Samsung pen that comes free with it. They could just be packaging something like the Fineline. They also just rolled out Tabpro S software to the device. I don't know what it does, though. When you click on the program it does nothing so it must be directly related to the official pen in some capacity. I know that the Fineline worked just fine without the program so my hope is that it adds something that differentiates the Tabpro S pen from a capacitive stylus. That is perhaps wishful thinking on my part though. We'll see soon enough (I hope).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.