Samsung Galaxy TabPro S (SM-W700)

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Marty, Sep 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silverwolf0

silverwolf0 Pen Pal - Newbie

What color temp is the screen? Do any of the display modes make it warmer?
    How good are the speakers?
    When you hold it in landscape from the bottom, does the dork connector dig into your hsnds?
    How responsive is touch input?
    Is windows 10 still a pain in the ass to use? Like keyboard not popping up in tablet mode, unresponsive after standby, constant crashing video drivers, etc?
    Does the tablet feel overly dense and heavy to hold? I'm typing this on a Samsung Galaxy tab s2 and even though it's under 400 grams the sharp edges and super thin and dense build make it harder to use than my old iPad air which was bigger and heavier.
    How stable is the screen at lower brightness? I ask because amoleds have a tendency to look weird and gnarly at lower brightness especially the colors and whites. I also heard there is flickering at lower brightness?
    Can you really get 10 hrs battery from it? I heard it can actually exceed it...
    And finally, do you have any experience with the dell xps 12? I am debating between that and the tabpro s. Comparing display, speakers, battery life, etc.

Thanks if you can answer any of these.

2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Is there a docking solution with more ports available?

Yes, I'm happy to see you and that is a Sony Xperia in my pocket

3. TheGuac

TheGuac Scribbler - Standard Member

I got mine in store today at Best Buy. I'm debating between the SP4 and this as my mobile workhorse. I have an XPS 15 for more powerful stuff but I recently sold my SP3 to get a current generation tablet product.

4. mrpentastic

mrpentastic Pen Pal - Newbie

At best buy right now to see the tabpro S in person.
    1. Keyboard does not seem to be backlit
    2. Keyboard acts as kickstand and has 2 positions, 1 upright (think surface 3 stage 1) and 1 low (think surface 3 stage 3)
    3. Although thinner than the surface and lighter, it actually feels pretty dense and weighty. (Without keyboard)
    4. Keyboard flap attaches magnetically to the back of the tablet and covers the entire back.
    5. Keyboard connector uses a magnetic attachment.

Attached Files:

WillAdams, SZQ and sonichedgehog360 like this.
  5. SF6

SF6 Scribbler - Standard Member

Keyboard is very flimsy and doesn't compare to the Surface even though it comes with it. Plus Samsung is using slower LiteOn CV1 SSDs.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  6. SZQ

SZQ Pen Pal - Newbie

Have you purchased the USB Type-C Multi-port Adaptor? If so, does an external monitor work well via the HDMI port? This is the one thing that concerns me. As the tablet does not have a dedicated video-out port, I need convincing that the sole USB port can handle it, without compression and being laggy, along with other peripherals plugged into it such as keyboard and mouse and external hard drive.

Also, what's your rough impression on battery life given your usage?

Thanks!

7. Don1

Don1 Scribbler - Standard Member

I did the same only with a Sammy laptop and ipad mini. I too am looking to carry only one device and I hope this is it although I do wish they made it in a 8gb/m5 or 7/256gb option. I also would have liked it slightly smaller than 12 inch but it doesn't seem possible with core M in this generation.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  8. Don1

does the core m version also use nvme ssds? I thought that was only on the core Is.

9. SF6

SF6 Scribbler - Standard Member

All SP4 come with NVMe SSDs. The 128GB however is quite a bit slower than the 256GB version. Still better than the CV1. Not a bad SSD, but certainly not a very good one either. Seems like Samsung cut cost there which is quite weird, since they manufacture SSDs themselves.

bloodycape likes this.
  10. Don1

I guess I'll run cdm later today when it arrives and see how it fares.

I suppose what really matters will be if it works, something the sp4 can barely answer yes to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.