Samsung Galaxy TabPro S Pen Software Available Now

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by ElCamino, May 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElCamino

ElCamino Pen Pal - Newbie

Looks the Galaxy TabPro S Pen is going to be coming sooner then later. Samsung has updated the BIOS and added the Galaxy TabPro Pen Software for the up coming Pen.

Attached Files:

2. Jedibuji

Jedibuji Pen Pal - Newbie

How did you get this? It's not available for me.

3. Matt B

Matt B Pen Pal - Newbie

I spoke to Samsung Support and they told me they had to pull it, wouldn't give me a new date on release, but suggested they were aiming for June 30th. I'm convinced they had to address a couple of items ready for 10 Aniv. which was the cause

4. MC1400

MC1400 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the pen and have it working. Bought it from the Microsoft Store. The pen on display at my Microsoft store wasn't working well even though it was paired. I suspect the display pen/tablet was not correctly configured. To configure:

1. Apply the latest BIOS (09).
    2. Pair the stylus via Bluetooth.
    3. Keep running the Samsung Update program until the "TabPro Pen Manager" becomes available. It took a few tries. Install it.

Note in the installed programs that:

1. "BTCPenDriver" from Samsung is installed.
    2. "TabPro Pen Manager" is installed.

The tip is thick as is the pen body (kind of like a large crayon) but it seems to work well for writing and navigation. The battery is rechargeable and uses a mini USB connection (cable comes with the pen). The pen icon on the lower right shows the remaining battery strength when selected and the bluetooth connection status. The icon is shown as red when the pen is not connected and green when it is connected (paired).

The pen wasn't cheap but it works and I'm happy with it.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  5. siddhartth

siddhartth Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Sounds a lot like Apple pencil, which has a thick tip almost crayon like. There's no hover in tab pro pen either. Which can be a good thing, when it comes to initial activation force, which is zero in case of Apple pencil as Apple pencil doesn't require any force to make a mark appear on the display. It's independent of pressure. Is this the same story with Tab pro Spen? Slightest of touch of the pen nib on the screen is enough to leave digital ink on the tablet?
    Please share your experience.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.