Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 with S Pen

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by barnesgj, Oct 28, 2016.

1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Since when can a lawyer say in two words (buy now) what he can say in two paragraphs...:rolleyes::cool:

2. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

IMHO

The Samsung/Android life cycle is about 3 years, both the SM-P580 (Tab A) and the SM-T820 (Tab S3) came out a few months ago so doubt any changes are due for a long time. Both products seem to complement each other.

WillAdams likes this.
  3. djas

djas Graffiti User

After exactly two years using the GTA8SP as my everything-in-one jack of all trades-digital assistant, I reckon the 10.1 version will satisfy the needs of many too. If you utilize the Spen regularly and heavily, as I do, you'd find, for a fraction of the price of high-end pen-equipped tablets/PCs, this little fella is a winner.

I'd recommend Graffiti for Android for those Palm-addicts of old. (ah, to use a TX with modern internals again)

Pen computing ftw!

artistebot and amired13 like this.
  4. amired13

amired13 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks djas. after the helpful replies here it is pretty obvious that this GTA10.1SP is the tablet I'm looking for and is a great combination of everything I currently need. All that's left now is to decide which color ;)

djas and artistebot like this.
  5. thkn777

thkn777 Pen Pal - Newbie

BTW: The Staedtler Noris EMR pen works pretty well with the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (P580). It has a tad too much of a rubber/elastic feeling for me - especially as it looks and feels/handles like a pencil, but this might be just me. The cap is crap, you get no buttons and no eraser, but it's much longer than a Wacom Bamboo Feel pen for example and another experience to hold and draw with. The thin nib reminds me of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 pen nib actually. The Staedtler and a Wacom Bamboo Feel pen are the ones I use the most.

Product link for the Noris pen (just in case):
    https://www.staedtler.com/en/newsro...-pencil-on-the-outside-digital-on-the-inside/

I got the tablet for 290EUR and the Noris pen for 40EUR, so 330EUR for a 10 inch android & wacom EMR based drawing/sketching solution. Throw in a few bucks for ArtFlow, a matte screen cover and a case you'll end at 360EUR roughly which sounds ok to me. The 16:10 screen ratio is not that great, ok. And we are not talking about an OLED display, granted. Otherwise the tablet is really nice.

Caution: The pen works on other tablets, but you might get strange results. On my AVTN8 for example the drawing point moves away from the nib the more I tilt the pen. I don't like that... maybe YOU love it. Just make sure to test the pen on all your tablets to avoid "surprises" ;)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    artistebot and WillAdams like this.
  6. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

I am finding that I am using the Staedtler Noris more and more. I woukd miss teh sid ebutton more if assinging the eye dropper actually worked in the latest Infinite Painter, sadly it is plain broken.

I do find for tilt function the Staedtler Noris works much better than of S-Pen because the tip and body is more tapered. Yeh,the length is GREAT.

IMHO the Tab A is the best value for a digital sketchbook, than anything else.

Cheers

WillAdams likes this.
  7. sudermatt

sudermatt Scribbler - Standard Member

I've been looking for a decent 8 inch but I think they just don't exist any more. So I'm looking at the A 10.

Looks like they're available for about 250 on ebay.

I need a note taking device... I'm a onenote fanatic. I have a note 8 phone and a surface. I need something I can sit and just jot thoughts down. The surface is too heavy.

Probably going to pull the trigger on on of these babies.

8. Kritter

Kritter Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone here have size heavy notebooks? Does OneNote for android allow you to save documents on the SD card? Seeing how it only has 16GB makes me worried that my notebooks will easily fill up the device storage if I get the GTA10.1.

9. barnesgj

barnesgj Scribbler - Standard Member

Don't your OneNote files save to the cloud?

10. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

In later Android versions 4.4 and beyond, it automatically saves notebooks to the SD card.