Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 with S Pen

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by barnesgj, Oct 28, 2016.

1. okieiam

okieiam Scribbler - Standard Member

I just buy an on displayed, Tab A 9.7 P555 s-pen for my daughter.
    What is the apps for sketching / drawing?

2. Io-T

Io-T Pen Pal - Newbie

I pretty much use Clover Paint for everything these days. The UI takes getting used to but it has the most options under the hood and with some tinkering can be adapted to most work flows.

okieiam and artistebot like this.
  3. artistebot

artistebot Scribbler - Standard Member

I used to use CP all the time, made tons of custom brushes etc. Yeh the UI OOB is terrible, but can be customized to be much better.

You might consider looking at Infinite Painter too, as the brushes can go larger than the 150 limit that CP has. Also IP has better deform tool, and frankly I think the brush engine is faster.

:)

okieiam likes this.
  4. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

I find Sketchbook Pro the easiest to jump into and just get down to using right from the get go, even if it’s not the most sophisticated brush wise.

okieiam and artistebot like this.
  5. okieiam

okieiam Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks to all of your opinion. I put all of the above, plus Adobe suite. Amazingly, internal storage still free haft the amount, around 8GB. My daughter, her really loves it. :D

Sent from my ara using Tapatalk

artistebot likes this.
  6. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member

It's a great little tablet, if a little underpowered and lacking RAM (plus storage is a little lacklustre).

Sketchbook Pro is probably the best overall. Don't use the Samsung Store one, as the one straight from AutoDesk (on the Google Play store) is a newer version and is now free and adds a fair few new tools and gestures. The 'special' Samsung version also seems to lack pressure sensitivity.

ArtRage is great if you want a more 'natural' experience, but the poor machine struggles with some of the brushes.

okieiam likes this.
  7. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I would argue the best Android Art App is Medibang Paint. Its completely free, offers free cloud saving, cross platform (Android, iOS, MacOSX, & Windows, if you have multiple devices with different OS's....the cloud saving is very handy) and it has the most Desktop program like features.
    You get layer groups, the ability to make a selection from a layer (very very handy if you're coloring/shading lineart), Decent built-in brushes, and tons of additional brushes downloadable for free, No set limit on how many layers you can have and you can make any canvas size you wish (As with a desktop, based on your Ram), and Brushes can go up to 300px in size. Since I started using Medibang Paint 2 years ago.....I pretty much stopping using any other Android Art App since none held a candle to Medibang. Not sure if thats still technically the case....some Apps may have been given updates.....but I can't imagine any other Android App could do anything Medibang can't. Its really the only Art App you'll need.

8. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Funny name. It sounds like a New Jersey hospital fantasy.

9. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

That would be Medi Bang Bang Paint. Based in Newark and Irvington naturally. I would see it more as a Law and Order SVU Type fantasy....at least initially.

Bronsky likes this.
  10. djas

djas Graffiti User

Just got one - SM-P585Y - to replace the older GTASP8. SGD$29.90 for two years with LTE 5 GB per month, unlimited voice and sms. Essentially, I paid only for the service plan as the tablet is $0.

Abit bulky for my taste, coming in at around 550 grams, but with 3GB Ram and onboard Spen, notetaking is fluid both with OneNote and WriteonPDF.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018