Samsung Galaxy Note (sketching machine)

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by latinvixen, Mar 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. watchdog

watchdog Scribbler - Standard Member

That's one of my options, thanks.

2. watchdog

Well good news, I finally got the ICS update on my phone. If anyone else is having difficulty with Kies, this is where I was able to upgrade;
    Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000: Upgrading to Android 4.0.3 ICS firmware XXLQ2
    Took me a while to locate this however, it's a real simple explanation for updating and was far easier for me to understand as compared to the overly technical talk on XDA.
    I am now setting my phone back up the way I had it. I was going to download SBP, but it is optimized to run on devices with 7 inch screens and up and thus will not run on the note. Does anyone know how I can get my s-memo documents back? The upgraded s-memo seems to have erased them, but I do have a backup from last week with all my files. Can I do anything with that?

3. Billy_Oneironaut

Billy_Oneironaut Pen Pal - Newbie

I really want this bad boy but I'm curious about the battery life.

In addition to using this as a tablet I plan on sketching with this for long stretches, and using it as a remote desktop (probably with a mini blue tooth keyboard). With constant wifi & bluetooth for the remote desktop I'm only anticipating 2.5-3.5hrs tops based on reports, but how long would the batteries last running sketch apps?

Edit: I've also seen conflicting reports on whether Ice Cream Sammich improved the Note's battery life. I read one comment which said their battery performance was increased by 2-3 times. Is this true?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  4. cmenice

cmenice Scribbler - Standard Member

I think 2-3 hours screen on time is reasonable to expect. Some batteries are definitely better than others. I actually purchased 2 Anker brand batteries with a charger from Amazon for $28. I just keep them charged and swap as I need them.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note

5. watchdog

I've had my note since last November running off the same battery, I think I need a new battery. It gets a reasonable amount of use, and I use it mainly for internet and sketching. I also carry around a small portable battery charger so I can recharge anywhere while I'm out. I have a sweet setup with this device. Now if the artrage people would release artrage for Android, my life would be complete.

6. Billy_Oneironaut

Much appreciated (especially Latin Vixen. If it weren't for your videos I'd have no idea what the Note was capable of!)

It just dawned on me that with a powerful enough video editor, I could make(or at least start) classical animations by importing drawings one frame at a time. I don't suppose anybody here has played around with the video apps enough to know if I could import 50-200 pics and output a video at 480P or higher?

7. Billy_Oneironaut

I must be taking crazy pills because every other image or video on the Note shows someone writing in clumsy, single thickness lines a la MS Paint.

Not even Samsung's own instructional vids show that you can make beautiful, tapered lines with the S pen. Infuriating. More so when all I seem to hear about is the Ipad's faux pressure sensitivity apps.

8. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member

I waiting for version 2. ;) NFC and a pen with a rubber on the end hopefully. I do like the current aspect ratio, same as my T730, but what with the market it will only get greater :mad:. So long as it remains 16:10.

I hope to get a Nokia 808 PureView, so a Note should go well with it as a portable tablet. Now if only it ran Maemo instead of Android...

9. davezarr

davezarr Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi All,

Newbie here.

Been trying to get Adobe to explain why they developed Photoshop Touch apps for Android without allowing them to run on the Galaxy Note, even though it meets and exceeds specs (except for physical screen size).

Finally got an answer from an Adobe Employee who had suggested the idea to the Adobe developers who said they hadn’t had enough interest to make it compatible. He suggested creating an ideas thread to cast a vote if interested, so I’ve created one for each app.

The Photoshop Touch thread is at Adobe Forums: The Samsung Galaxy Note meets the system requirements but is not currently supported. Users would like to be able to use Adobe PS Touch on this device.

If you want to see Adobe adapt PS Touch and other Touch apps for the Galaxy Note, please feel free to cast your vote, and also spread the word to others. The more we get noticed, the bigger the change we have of getting it.

Dave.

10. nyb72

nyb72 Scribbler - Standard Member

The AT&T official ICS upgrade just arrived. I just downloaded it this afternoon and overall my phone feels much faster. More importantly, the inking subjectively feels much more responsive to me. My handwriting in S-Memo is much improved although there is a little bit of lag similar to how it felt with Papyrus on Gingerbread. Speaking of Papyrus, on ICS the inking is practically instantaneous. The responsiveness of the pen strokes feels like how I feel on my Motion Tablet. It's early, but so far, I'm liking the update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.