Samsung Galaxy Note (sketching machine)

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by latinvixen, Mar 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. watchdog

watchdog Scribbler - Standard Member

I was afraid of that. I had already contacted Samsung about this and they told me to do the same thing. My copy of Kies however keeps telling me that my note does not support updating via Kies, now I can't even get the phone to sync at all. I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling, see if that solves the problem. If not, I've no idea what to do.

2. cmenice

cmenice Scribbler - Standard Member

I ended up rooting and putting an ICS rom on my AT&T Note. ICS is much faster for me than GB. Though, I admit that I can't even see Sketchbook Pro or Photoshop Touch in the Play Store. I tried to side load SKP, but it didn't work. The app I really want is Adobe Ideas with the Note. Apparently the new version supports pressure sensitivity for the unreleased Galaxy Note 10.1 and I'm curious if pressure will work on our 5.3" Note. Any thoughts?

3. watchdog

I've communicated with the Samsung people, ICS for the AT&T note has not been released yet, all updates are for the international note.

4. watchdog

Is there a specific version of Kies to use? I've downloaded, uninstalled and re-downloaded about three times now and I keep getting the same message. That my phone is not compatable with updating via Kies. I suspect that it's because my phone is the European version of the note, and the Kies software is the U.S version. There is a compatability issue here, the ICS that has been released is only for the international version and will not work with the AT&T version and vic-versa. Darkmagistric, if you dont mind my asking, what country are you in? This whole thing is driving me nuts.

5. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

There shouldn't be a compatabiliy issue. I'm in New Jersey, and download the regular US Kies....worked like a charm on my UK Galaxy Note

Are you sure yours is indeed the UK N7000 Version?

All I could recommened is maybe factory reset your note, and install Kies on another computer. I hope you can get it working.

6. watchdog

I'm not certain where it's from. I ordered it off Amazon back in Nov. The instruction booklet was in a foreign language, maybe Dutch. I don't have the booklet handy now so I can't check. It shouldn't matter though, it is the GT-N7000 which the American branch of Samsung won't handle.

7. cmenice

If you ordered back in Nov. then it's definitely an International version since the AT&T version wasn't out then. Is your phone rooted or running a custom rom? That might be a problem if you are trying to get the update through kies.

8. watchdog

I know it's the international version, I've had it since before AT&T anounced they were going to get the device. I doubt it has a custom ROM, I bought it when it was only out a couple of weeks. I found the box it came in, it's a Polish model. I contacted Samsung, the American people can only help with the AT&T version. They told me to contact the country it was from. I did get an international contact, probably UK. They suggested that I factory reset it as well. I'm going to try that, if the backup ever works that is. Kies just doesn't seem to want to work with this phone and the backup feature keeps returning an error.

9. cmenice

I would suggest you go to the xda developers forum for the int note and ask for some help to get the phone updated. Lots of bright folks there, but they aren't always nice to noob's, fyi.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  10. cmenice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.