Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by surfaceproartist, Feb 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Just ordered mine for pickup at the neighborhood Best Buy later today. I really just want a premium magazine/comic reader that doesn't reduce the original. But at this price (~$750), the tablet's going to have to be able to do a whole lot more.

Graphics apps choices are fairly limited in Android, but I'll at least do a shootout between Sketchbook Pro on the two Surface Pros and the Note Pro. It's always Christmas here at SurfaceProArtist.com!

Look for my review by the weekend.

2. surfaceproartist

Here's the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 running the Comixology app side by side with the Surface Pro. Size does matter and the GNP is about half the thickness and weight of the SP.

photo.jpg

jl199954 likes this.
  3. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

And a third more screen area. Why not windows + bay trail WHY!?!?

bloodycape likes this.
  4. Sher The Love

Sher The Love Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for MWC next week. If nothing is announced that can replace my ridiculously slow and randomly freezing 500T, I'm not sure what I'll do... Wait longer or settle for something.

5. surfaceproartist

I've heard really bad things about the 500T. Did you ever check out the ATIV Tab 7? The specs looked a lot better.

6. Sher The Love

Sher The Love Scribbler - Standard Member

Lol. It gets the job done for the most part. Besides the clovertrail slowness, it would be fine if I didn't have random touchscreen freezes or odd digitizer issues. I've looked into the 700T a bit, but I don't think it's worth it at this point with Haswell out and hopefully a refresh coming soon. I know Microsoft Store has it on sale for around $600. I was going to try and pick one up a couple weeks ago, but they were out online and didn't have any in my area. I've heard it has similar issues with the screen and digitizer though. Also, I've heard mixed things on battery life. I'm aiming for over 6.

7. surfaceproartist

darkmagistric likes this.
  8. IsaacKuo

IsaacKuo Pen Pal - Newbie

No way to calibrate alternate stylus?

Here's a crazy idea...what about hacking another stylus? You could gut the front end, so the S-Pen fits inside. As a bonus, this gives you an eraser, also...

9. drvenom

drvenom Scribbler - Standard Member

I love my 500t, but like everyone says, it does have some major downfalls. The biggest issue for me is that the palm rejection on the 500t kind of sucks. At least, it is nowhere near the palm rejection in the surface pro. Secondly, the z2760 atom processor is so slow that you won't be able to use a full fledged pdf suite without lag. Then again, it was an amazing tablet when it came out. It was one of the first affordable tablets that came with a full fledged version of windows.

10. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Lets face it, anyone who claims to use this tablet productively will be a bold faced liar. I hope this blows up in Samsung's face. They could have made a Windows 8.1 tablet with even less the effort they put into this device and it would have been more useful. Not saying it won't sell, of course the diehard fans will buy it and claim how great a product it is.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.