Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 Review

Discussion in 'News Headlines' started by Dragan Petric, Mar 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragan Petric

Dragan Petric Pen Pal - Newbie Reviewer

IsaacKuo likes this.
  2. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

"S Pen applications cannot be used with a finger"

That's a Pro, not Con, because it's the only way to provide perfect palm rejection: Don't let the finger input make any markings. I've been asking for that for years and you make that a con? You guys are killing me...

balistic, bloodycape and IsaacKuo like this.
  3. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

This feature can be turned on or off. For instance S Note has the finger icon on the bottom left that can be tapped (with pen or finger) to turn on/off touch. Note that if the touch is turned on I can markup the note with my finger (so that statement seems generally false). The UI can still be touched if Palm Rejection is turned on tho.

Swiped from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  4. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Yes, I remember that being the case with my 1st gen Note 10.1, but back then I think you had to turn it on. It was turned off by default IIRC.

So do I prefer that Samsung has turned that on by default, and frankly it's the best way to handle it.

BTW, this is such a simple way to do PERFECT palm rejection on devices with both pro cap touch and active pen that it frankly boggles and angers me that all software developers doing apps for active pen in 2014 is not doing it.

5. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

I disagree, only because, having used Clip Studio Paint, its quite clear that we can use software to provide perfect palm rejection. Why cant we have all programs that allow us to only zoom and pan with touch input and use then pen for mark making? Having used more devices with touch, i have to say I'd never want to go back to only having pen input.

6. benroveno

benroveno Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't see the needs to buy this gigantic Note 12.2 just for the shake of its "PRO" nametag. I would prefer of buying the old Note 10.1 even with its old Android UI. Even if i'm a office staff, i still prefer the Note 10.1 given that they both are armed with the same internals.

7. shokan

shokan Pen Pal - Newbie

Oh boy!...... 12"...nice!..... S-Pen...nice!....................................dum-te-dum-dum... THE DREADED ANDROID. Bad! It's the first word I scan a tablet review for so that I know I don't have to read it. So much for doing some light ZBrush (Windows) work on-the-go or on the couch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.