Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 v 10.1 2014

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note and Tab' started by hitman, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hitman

hitman Scribbler - Standard Member

After buying an Android phone I'm now looking at one of these tablets instead of a windows tablet. I want the inking capabilities of the note but which to go for as money is tight? On another thread someone was saying the 8 inch version was nicer but thought it was the same as the 10 but smaller? Any thought s on this? Also I assume its best to go for 32gb version?Also can someone recommend me a case?

2. hitman

Had another look today at these. Very impressed with the 8 inch version but think its slightly too small for my needs. Think I'm going to go for the "old" 10.1 which is £100 cheaper in the UK. cheers.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

3. markkemperman

markkemperman Pen Pal - Newbie

The current Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) is gorgeous - the screen is beautiful and the inking is wonderful. The size is right for me vs the Note Pro 12.2 and the Note 8.0 (too restrictive for annotating A4 pages and low on resolution) - 10.1 seems to be my sweet spot. Is worth the extra money if you can swing it, though the older 10.1 is no slouch either (and IIRC is in line for a Kit Kat update).

[Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro]

4. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well depending on your usage, you might find that while those Android phones might be great, the tablets are much less productive. And have much less array of apps. I know for sure that I'll never buy an android tablet instead of a Windows 8, and this is coming from someone who owns the Galaxy Note 8.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

5. hitman

If I understand you correctly you are saying that the apps which are available on an android phone aren't also available on an android tablet? I've come to the conclusion that I will create most major projects usng my desktop and the tablet is for evry thing else.
    I was going to buy the Note 10. 204 edition today but have just read about it's "choppy performance" - any owners care to comment on this?
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) review - Engadget

6. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Exactly what I meant. Not all the apps are optimized for larger displays( in fact most are not). But since it's for consumption you'll be Ok.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Frank80 likes this.
  7. markkemperman

markkemperman Pen Pal - Newbie

I have not experienced choppy performance/lag on my Note 10.1 2014. Has been pretty smooth sailing for me. Is very fast.

As to the app range, I haven't come across an app that doesn't have a tablet equivalent or can adjust - having said that, my tablet is exclusively for work use so my apps are generally productivity focused.

[Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro]

8. hitman

Thanks I would be using the tablet for productivity/work as well as personal. Can you recommend any particularly good productivity apps?

9. hitman

Well I bought the old version of the Samsung note 10.1. Now need to buy a decent case - can anyone recommend one? Cheers

10. martin_t

martin_t Pen Pal - Newbie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.