Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Brings S Pen to Large-Screen Tablet Discussion

Discussion in 'News Headlines' started by Jamison Cush, Feb 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamison Cush

Jamison Cush TechnologyGuide Editor Staff Member

That Samsung would unveil the Galaxy Note 10.1 at Mobile World Congress was a given, especially after signage promoting the large-screen Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 tablet was on display before the show. Now, it's finally official.

Read the full content of this Article: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Brings S Pen to Large-Screen Tablet

Related Articles:

Huawei Unveils the Quad-Core Android ICS MediaPad 10 UPDATE

Mobile World Congress 2012: What Tablets Will We See in Barcelona?

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1-inch ICS Tablet Official

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. watchdog

watchdog Scribbler - Standard Member

As Mr. Spock would say, fascinating.

The Artrage development team HAS to start working on an Android version of Artrage.
    They're focused entirely on Windows and iOS.

3. latinvixen

latinvixen Artist

So excited about this :D

4. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

My pen is ready!!!

Eh, you can keep Art Rage. Their new direction with their brush engine left me clammy months ago...

5. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Personally I like Artrage as well, and would be pleased to see it on Android. Dont know what's different about their brush engine now than it was a few months ago. Seems like it has the same benefits and drawbacks it's always had.

6. FC1032

FC1032 Scribbler - Standard Member

I'd get this to replace my aging M750. that thing is heavy O-o.

I hope they throw in a decent keyboard dock (with USB) this time.

7. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

The change was while back I guess. I noticed the new engine back in CES 2011 on the EP121 prototype. It was slow, chunky and ugly compared to before. I think it's because a lot of the brushes are now parametric.

For my money, it's all about speed and responsiveness. And for that, you need to go with a dab type repeating image strike brushes. The minute you try a parametric engine, you end up throwing away speed and responsiveness.

On apps like Painter, you have plenty of dab type brushed so you don't mind some parametric brushes: You don't have to use them. But on Art Rage, you don't have enough decent dab type brushes so you rage at all the parametric brushes.

Chalk it to personal preference if you wish, but I don't want an app to sacrifice speed and responsiveness to appease some programmer's fetishes. That's not an art app for artist, that's an art app for programmers.

8. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Windows 8 ARM running on this with the next version of OneNote.

9. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

about time....this has been long overdue. The N-trig tablets haven't really caught on, but now that Wacom's in the game, this can be a real game changer. I just hope they keep it in the $500 price range. The 5-incher note is only $300 with a contract. Without a contract, $650-$700. If they end up charging $1000 for this....yeah it may not do so well.

I got the 5-incher just a few days ago...love it...except for the really poor art apps on gingerbread. I must have downloaded every gingerbread art app and I can't stand them. The s-memo app is sadly the best art app out on the note. Everything else either has no pressure, poor selection or tools, or horrible lag.

But once ICS comes, Full Sketchbook Pro and Photoshop Touch will hopefully change that.

10. storebror

storebror Scribbler - Standard Member

I heard from the swedish samsung team that it will cost about as much as the 5.3" Note here, so if that is correct I would guess the same for around the world!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.