Samsung Galaxy Book users who bought Zbook x2 pen

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by DRTigerlilly, Jun 19, 2019.

1. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

Users who bought the Zbook x2 pen to use with their SGB's, how does this pen compare to the original/stock pen?

Do you get the same level of friction? Or does the pen skate across the screen?
    Is the eraser rubberized like the Surface pen OR is it hard plastic like older EMR pens.

WillAdams likes this.
  2. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I use the zBook x2 pen with my GB 10.6 and I greatly prefer it to the stock S-Pen. With the stock black nib, it effortlessly glides across the screen, but there are other nib options....it uses the same nibs as my old bamboo smart pen, and that had a white nib that created quite a bit more friction. But as is, I prefer the smooth gliding of the black nib.

The nib is why I prefer this pen over the S-Pen. The current generation of S-pens use the super thin nibs that both resemble and feel like toothpicks. Drawing and sketching fells more like I’m poking or stabbing the screen. The x2 pen uses the older more rounder nibs so it feels more natural.

The eraser is hard plastic, not rubberized....but it’s more like a Cintiq Pen eraser instead of the older more common Tablet PC ones. However, much like the Surface Pen and unlike Cintiq pens, the zbook eraser doesn’t seem to be pressure sensitive. That being said....it still feels more practical and useful over the Surface pens eraser. Like I use the Zbook eraser quite frequently....comparatively I seldom use the Surface pens eraser. The more roundish/longer shape of the Zbooks eraser makes it more precise then the surface’s.

3. DRTigerlilly

I guess my concerns with the hard plastic eraser is that it could scratch the glossy screen?

My other concern with the nib, is that i've found older EMR pens, i feel like i had less control writing on the screen, plastic skating across glass...vs the stock pen (black/grey) nib actually feels more like rubber on the glossy screen which provides a nice balance...

4. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I’ve had the Zbook X2 pen for over a year now, and have frequently used the eraser....never once did the eraser ever come close to scratching the screen. That concern is literally a non-issue.

WillAdams and DRTigerlilly like this.
  5. DRTigerlilly

darkmagistric likes this.