Samsung Galaxy Book on 1703 Windows build

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by ConfusedStylus, Oct 10, 2018.

1. ConfusedStylus

ConfusedStylus Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for answering my prior questions concerning 2-in-1 styluses. Just one last question about the Galaxy Book 12. I read the pinned thread on how to make everything run great on it. I opted to do a clean installation of Windows on build 1703 to avoid Photoshop/stylus problems.

Is there anything else I must do to make everything optimal? Any pressure/pen settings that are a must have that you guys like? I use Clip Studio Paint and Photoshop. Thanks this forum is a godsend lol.

On a random note, I know now have a huge grudge against windows 10. I had gone through the trouble of updating Windows 10 for hours out of the box...only to watch it break my virtual iso mounting due to a somehow corrupted upgrade. So I had to reset the computer to fix any broken files and THEN mount a clean iso of Windows 1703 before it worked, In case anyone runs into this problem. Then it seemed to allow a clean installation, and I did 2 things I blocked all future updates with:

1. https://github.com/10se1ucgo/DisableWinTracking

2. And google 'take ownership windows 10' if you run in to any issues with admin privilege in Windows 10 for a one click registry hack that fixes that ( forgot where I downloaded it).

Hope this helps some too.

WillAdams likes this.
  2. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

I don't get it: what's the point in keeping windows 10 at the 1703 version on a Galaxy Book 12?
    Never had a single problem with Clip Studio, even now that I have the 10.6 on the inside preview ring

3. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Fall Creators Update and later cripple the stylus, making it function as an 11th touch input, making it difficult (or essentially impossible w/ a Staedtler Noris Digital Stylus) to select text.

There's a registry edit which keeps this from applying to "legacy" applications, but it makes Edge useless for anything other than consumptive browsing.

ConfusedStylus and thatcomicsguy like this.
  4. Azzart

Ok, but what has that to do with Clip Studio and Photoshop? ;)

5. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Photoshop is one of the legacy applications so affected.

6. Azzart

Works perfectly.