Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Neve

Neve Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks! Considering I just returned an S3 and an A, I'm ready to jump on it ha ha. Hopes it comes with that free sd card. If I get it, I'll try and do a review if dstrauss doesn't get it first ( ;) )

I've never done a pre-order for BB, though. How soon do you get it? I'm probably going to do store pick up if I go for it. Not sure when that 14 day policy starts.

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  2. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 Editor-in-Chief of TechAndTiny Senior Member

To be perfectly honest, I have never preordered a product from Best Buy before. I am certain other forumers here should know the answer to this. I can say with certainty, though, that the 14 day policy begins from the day you "receive your product" (i.e. in-store pickup) and not before then.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017 at 2:55 AM
  3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

4. Neve

Neve Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the info! Nope, going for the 10. I'm surprised the rest popped up but not the small one. Time will tell.

5. theprophe

theprophe Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone know how fast the fast charging is? Like how much charge would 30 minutes give you on the book 10?

6. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member

7. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 Editor-in-Chief of TechAndTiny Senior Member

8. Tonitti

Tonitti Scribbler - Standard Member

I hope Wacom or Samsung will announce a professional pen with the spen technology as soon as possible, because as much as I'd like to get the tablet, if I can't use a pen with at least two buttons and a decent eraser I'm sure I will not be able to withstand long sessions of painting comfortably enough.

If not, I suspect that after buying it I will be in the situation of having the most beautiful screen to look at and a really nice pen for quick sketching, but soon I'll be in the need of having something like the UP-911 or at least the Fujitsu pen for doing any serious work.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Welcome to the forum @Neve , and @sonichedgehog360 is NOT as funny as he thinks he is...

It i strange that the GB10 at Best Buy is hanging fire AND just happens to be $100 less than any other listing out there - I think someone at BB screwed up on the listing and is trying to figure out how to back out of this...they could be selling at a loss, or at least cost, so if it pops up you better grab one quick folks.

PS - it just so happens the 4gb/64gb model on the Samsung site is $629.99...:confused:...maybe that's the model BB is actually getting...

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017 at 8:49 AM
  10. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

Why does everyone keep referring to "S-Pen technology", the S-Pen is a Wacom EMR Pen or is there something I'm missing?

Yes I'm sure there are many who'd appreciate a customizable two-button pen...