Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Bishop

Bishop Keeper of Odd Knowledge Senior Member

'

Thank you

2. sosimple

sosimple Pen Pal - Newbie

Why don't you install windows 11 in double boot? That's what i have done. I have windows 10 lite custom rom, and windows 11 clean installation. Everything working fine in windows 11 same speed like original windows 10. But windows 10 lite is super fast, and the one i have default, until i make lite the windows 11 probably. Not until it supports android. No reason to do it now. It's the same os 99%. If you have problems, try clean installation. Probably this is the reason for the problems.
    When windows 11 will be 100% ready, you can delete windows 10 then and keep only 11 if you wish. You also can test if your problems is hardware or drivers. If it works in 10 and not in 11 you know..

3. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Intel's latest 615 graphics drivers have been giving me grief and causing lots of system interrupts.

If anyone else is having the same problem on Windows 11, I've found disabling the Intel driver and just using the generic Microsoft one fixes the stalls and freezes. You do lose transparency though.

sosimple likes this.
  4. dellaster

dellaster Creatively Talentless Senior Member

Last year the 12" models were hard to find and had stupidly high used prices. Now they're showing up more on Ebay and at reasonable prices. I grabbed a 4/128GB 12" Verizon SKU in good shape for $250 from a guy who's used it since new, always with a screen protector, keyboard cover included but not the pen—says he never used the pen and has no idea where it went.

Fortunately I have an assortment of fine EMR styli awaiting. You might say a part of the reason for the acquisition was to create a use for them.

Late to the party, but here I am!

Tams and Bishop like this.
  5. Tams

I'm still bummed that I missed out on a barely used 12" 8/256GB purely because you need to have built up a good reputation here (as a buyer!) before your bids will be accepted. I won the auction! But didn't because they cancelled my bid.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
  6. dellaster

Ouch! You have my sympathy. The listing I went for was Buy It Now, no auction.

7. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If you lived in the UK, one electrical superstore (Curry's) were selling off all their stock of Galaxy Book 10's and 12's around 24 months ago. Really low prices - I think a lot of savvy eBayers bought them up to resell on Ebay - almost the same price Curry's were selling them in the fire sale.

8. Tams

I remember John Lewis had some 10s going for cheap too. I didn't feel like jumping on that though, which I regret.

9. dellaster

I received my SG12 yesterday and I have to say that Samsung absolutely blew it when they decided not to make true next gen followups to this gem. Can you imagine what it would be like with four years of (non-stupid) evolutionary steps? Le sigh.

Anyway, now that I've played with it for a day I regret not paying more for the 8GB/256GB SKU. I think it's a long-term keeper because there has been nothing comparable made since this (detachable, AMOLED, S-PEN) and very little hope for the future.

Tams, WillAdams and Bishop like this.
  10. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yeah, I'm glad I bought it, I just wish that Fall Creators Update didn't cripple the stylus.

I despair of replacing mine.