Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. ticol

ticol Pen Pal - Newbie

I just received my Lamy and Wacom One pens and did a quick test on my Zbook.
    All the S-Pen I have feel exactly the same : Lamy, Wacom One, HP Zbook, Staedler and Galaxy Book S-Pen. The sensitivity to pressure and the calibration are identical.
    Nibs seem to be the same shape too (larger or smaller at the tip depending on the models, but I think they can be put on every model. I juste compared them visually. Didn't try to exchange them for real).
    So, I think it really depends on what everybody likes : larger or thinner pens.
    I like medium sized one. On my Wacom devices I used the slim pen (didn't like the Wacom regular size for long drawing sessions), and, roughly, Lamy, HP and Wacom One are in that range (Lamy being a bit thinner). And I have the feeling that the Lamy nib is a bit softer than the other nibs. Not as much as the Staedler ones.
    The cheaper is the Wacom One. A good spare S Pen for less than 30 euros !!

2. ticol

ticol Pen Pal - Newbie

OK, some more infos.
    I tried, and all the nibs fit all the pens.
    It means that the supplied nibs by Wacom for the Wacom One pen can be used on all these S Pens.
    And, the nibs supplied with the Lamy have a sensitive different feeling than the HP or Wacom One. On the Zbook it's less obvious, but on the glassy surface of the Galaxy Book, Lamy feels more rubbery-sticky. It gives more control but when drawing fast it needs a bit more force.

Tams, WillAdams and DRTigerlilly like this.
  3. Unej

Unej Pen Pal - Newbie

Samsung has put the software '''samsung update'' on the store and now only this version must be used, but of course i put ltsc on the GB so now I can't update the drivers (not that there are updates anyway)

4. Saotome79

Saotome79 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi to everybody.

I am having a problem with the Book Settings since I've updated to version 1909 of Windows 10 and I was forced to switch to the store version of Samsung Update.

Specifically, the Screen Mode settings do not stick and revert to default every time the system is rebooted. Moreover, each time I have to spend about a minute clicking alternatively on the various Basic / Photo / Adaptive / Cinema before it shows any response.

Anybody has any idea on how to solve this?

P.S. I've already uninstalled the old (and now unusable) Samsung Update to see if it was creating conflicts, to no avail.

5. LeoZappa

LeoZappa Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the same problem and have not found a solution. I know there is some place in regedit where you can change the diplay profile (and in fact, there are a few more!), I could dig out where they are and test if changing profile there makes it stick...

6. Saotome79

Saotome79 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have found in my registry a key:

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2889737568-2679282603-1520754116-1002\Samsung\SamsungSettings

with three DWORDS, and changing the third one (ScreenMode) between 0 and 1 seems to switch between Basic and Adaptive.

The problem is, it seems to be just as unresponsive as switching mode from the Book Settings, that is, sometimes modifying the DWORD switches mode instantly, some other time it does nothing...

EDIT: actually switching mode from the Book Settings seems simply to reset the ColorProfile and ScreenMode DWORDS to 0, so maybe it's not that...

EDIT 2: there is another key of the same type with the same DWORDS:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Samsung\SamsungSettings

DWORD ColorProfile with value 0 and ScreenMode with value 0 seems to be Basic, ColorProfile 1 and ScreenMode 1 is Cinema, ColorProfile 2 and ScreenMode 2 Photo, with ColorProfile 3 and ScreenMode 99 Adaptive, but it doesn't work all the time (or rather I did not work it out properly).

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    sosimple likes this.