Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. RXP

RXP Pen Pal - Newbie

10/12/2018 is the date

Spoke to soon. Didn't survive a reboot and no matter what I seem to do now the crush remains. You can dial it out via the video brightness slider while a video is playing but soon as it stops the next video is back to crush.

Only reliable option is MadVR.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  2. sosimple

sosimple Pen Pal - Newbie

Is there any app to write with the pen to a video? For example to create a tutorial for utube..
    I can do it with other ways, but as we have the pen, I thought to use this..
    Thanks,

3. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

Tutorial of pen use? A screen recording will show everything that occurs on screen including the pen writing etc. Otherwise you would need a camera to actually show you writing.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

4. sosimple

I already have record screen with a program (screenHunter pro). Now I want an editor to load the video, and write everything i want with the pen. Like we do in OneNote for example, but not to a note, but to a video.
    I downloaded some video editors, none done this in an easy way, or havent find it. I only found to add objects to video, or to add text. I dont want to add text, I want to add handwrite with the pen..

5. DRTigerlilly

I don't think any will let you use the pen free hand. Camtasia has an annotation feature and you could use a handwriting font...

6. sosimple

7. DRTigerlilly

Will check it out

8. sosimple

It does work, but with some problems.. Especially with hotkey when you recording video..
    I found here similar programms. All paid I am afraid..
    https://softwarerecs.stackexchange....hat-allows-drawing-in-frames-windows-or-linux

Edit.. The best of all I tried, Epic Pen
    https://epic-pen.com/
    The free version.
    I record screen with ScreenHunter Pro, And have running Epic Pen. I have a small toolbox at right corner of screen from Epic Pen. So can select from there 1. Pen (to write in screen), 2. Cursor (to use the app I record with ScreenHunter) , 3. To erase anything I wrote, for writing again.
    Only negative, in the recording video I have the toolbar of EpicPen, but not a big problem, it is very small.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  9. Piton812

Piton812 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi! Who can help me to understand is there the way to disable touchscreen on samsung galaxy book 12? I tried to do it by windows settings - Pen & Windows ink - Ignore touch input when I'm using my pen?

10. LeoZappa

LeoZappa Pen Pal - Newbie

You can open Device Manager, under "Human Interface Devices" you'll find "TchS2Helper Device". Right click it and disable it. (no need to restart). This will disable the touchscreen entirely, but the pen will still work.

WillAdams and Tablet Nostradamus like this.