Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. wytn

wytn Scribbler - Standard Member

Correction,

Actually on my GB10's cover, for the first fold, there are magnets just before and after the fold. See red marks.
    (They are only on the sides.)

Attached Files:

2. wytn

wytn Scribbler - Standard Member

FWIW

I did some "betatests", taped the folio origami extra parts so they don't pull too much on the rest of the folio/magnets, moved the thing around, used the GB10 a bit on my lap etc. I was surprised it seemed to hold well enough.

1_Betatest.JPG

I didn't feel like cutting for the hole around the Stand, i had started to measure and pencil some marks to cut, but tonight i would have 100% botched that job.

I was more curious than anything else, actually. But... Why not doing something stupid tonight.

(Although the folio/KB seemed to just hold well anyway)

Snip snip

3_actual surgery.JPG
    For info, the material where i cut:

4_the cut.JPG

Raw result:

5_Result.JPG
    6_Result2.JPG

To note:

Holding the GB10 by the top of the display (landscape mode) with the keyboard folio attached like it is and shaking it a bit for a while doesn't seem to cause any problem, the folio/keyboard doesn't budge

FWIW

NB: Yes i will remove these old stickers :p

Additional stuff:

A video of someone opening a GB12 for replacing the SSD. Same method as a lot of other things, except i feel like i would have a harder time opening a 12" tablet than i when i repaired some 5-ish gen iPhones.

WillAdams and Marty like this.
  3. ilivehere

ilivehere Pen Pal - Newbie

In the last few days (probably after an update) whenever I use the pen, the cursor is visible and it is very annoying when I write using One Note.
    I tried to disable on settings, but it was already disabled. Does anyone experience a similar problem? any suggestion on how to get rid of it?

Thank you

4. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Try and toggle it a few times. If that doesn't work turn it off and then reboot.

5. ilivehere

ilivehere Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried all that but it didn't work. On the other hand, last night, I received a new update from Windows 10 and after I installed, it started working again. So I guess it was just another bug.

Kumabjorn likes this.
  6. sosimple

sosimple Pen Pal - Newbie

-Is there any news about installing android or Linux in our tablet?
    I know there were problems with wifi, screen etc . Has there be any solution to this? I have Google , I read about new versions of android but haven't found anything if they solve any of our problems.

-I also have found a custom light version of windows 10. I am thinking of installing it with double boot to experiment if it is good for our tablet, but I don't know what problems may have. If it works fine, I believe it will be a big upgrade for our device..
    If anyone wants to try, here it is:

7. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

"In capitalist America, you don't have Google, Google has YOU!"

Sorry, I have nothing useful to add about Android or Linux on the GB. :)

thatcomicsguy, Bishop and Marty like this.
  8. joe75

joe75 Pen Pal - Newbie

HI i can understand you want to install android on it but the windows custom version does not seem too very useful seems more oriented for desktop or gaming rig
    I have the 8Go/256Go GB LTE vesion with windows pro and runs already well enough and there is a game mode if you want extra performance

if you don't need gaming performance or video streaming from android, i think you can use something like windows on dex solution ...streaming for your phone on your pc...

Only trouble is the fan albeit discreet always on my Galaxy book

For android the best solution is still to buy a separated device unfortunately.

sosimple likes this.