Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. lightstrum

lightstrum Pen Pal - Newbie

My GB 12 won’t start. Tried everything. I am traveling in Spain, luckily I threw my Ipad air2 into the bag after reading how well it performs with the ios 13 beta, so I am not without all the digital crap that rules my life.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

oh no!:(

3. LeoZappa

LeoZappa Pen Pal - Newbie

Finally upgraded to 1903. All's looking good so far.

wytn likes this.
  4. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

How are you managing to select text? I just can't do it in the Fall Creators Update and later versions.

5. LeoZappa

I don't use the pen to select text, but since 1809 there is the option "Let me use the pen as mouse in some desktop apps" in the section "Devices > Pen & Windows Ink" of the settings. I have just checked that it works on Firefox.

6. gobmonster

gobmonster Pen Pal - Newbie

One of my usbc ports has officially died. I am now on edge!

I am really sad Samsung didn’t update galaxy book with intel. I’m feel like I’m out in the wild looking for my Wacom EMR fix, there seems to be nothing on the market that meets my windows 10 tablet needs like galaxy book has.

Might have to make the adjustment and get the notebook 9 pen, I’m seeing great things... but it’s so heavy!

7. WillAdams

Which would be fine if I used Firefox --- I need selection to work in Edge, Windows Explorer and everything else --- inconsistencies such as you describe do not make for a usable system.

8. LeoZappa

...I can see that can be annoying. All I meant to say with my post is that the 1903 update does not make the GB12 explode and there are no major bugs. It does not solve that problem indeed. I suspect that won't ever happen unfortunately. :-( (I don't regard it as a bug because it was an intentional change ffrom Microsoft, that doesn't mean I don't recognise it can be very annoying)

Would you be happy to have text selection work when pressing the pen button while hovering? I think that can be achieved in most programs modifying the scripts published a bit earlier in this page (the difficult part is UWP apps like edge, where you need to constantly sync the mouse position to the stylus. But it's doable if enough people are interested). It won't work for Word or Excel for some reason, though.

9. WillAdams

The Staedtler Noris Digital Stylus which I prefer to use, and which I bought bundled with my machine doesn't have a button.

10. HeavyHanded

HeavyHanded Windows Tablet PC Zealot!

I upgraded to 1903 last week and it's running fine. I love the new Light Mode. All the new UI changes makes it feel like I have a new device! It seems that battery life is a bit less, but that is totally subjective and based only on my unmeasured observations.

wytn likes this.