Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Dam, everything's better in Europe. :p

2. Tablet Nostradamus

Tablet Nostradamus Pen Pal - Newbie

WillAdams and DRTigerlilly like this.
  3. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I can see all of that but the USB A port --- why bother? Adapters are easy enough, and it's usually easy to find a suitable cable (sourced a USB C/A cable for a CNC machine).

EDIT: I'd have to add Microsoft fixing the stylus mapping so that one can reasonable select text or work with interface elements w/o the thing scrolling instead.

4. Tablet Nostradamus

Tablet Nostradamus Pen Pal - Newbie

Respectfully disagree about USB A. I still find it annoying whenever I have to break out the dongle for a USB keyboard or mouse or flash drive. I know it's unrealistic to want USB A for the GB line as that would mean major structural changes to the chassis, I just wanted to throw that out there as an 'old man yelling at the sky' comment.

And, yes, I agree about the stylus mapping. Stylus button right click is also still inconsistent. I'm sure a Wacom driver would fix this issue - but then again I think my HP Zbook has a similar issue.

On a side note, MS has to look really hard at its pen tech (esp n-trig) if it wants to compete with Apple. They should have an entire division devoted to it, if they don't already (doubt it). Count the n-trig slow diagonal jitter as another old-man-sky comment. NOBODY SEEMS TO CARE.

Happy Sunday.

DRTigerlilly likes this.
  5. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Just taste, architecture, food, decency and consumer protection, lol! It does cost more, however. They do have a leader who's even worse than ours, however!

DRTigerlilly likes this.
  6. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

leader?

7. wytn

wytn Scribbler - Standard Member

Did you upgrade? Any issues?

8. guho

guho Pen Pal - Newbie

I upgraded both of my Galaxy Book 12s to 1903 last month. No issues except Samsung update app might need reinstalling. Now all working fine. Ensure you have latest BIOS for piece of mind.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

wytn likes this.
  9. LeoZappa

LeoZappa Pen Pal - Newbie

I haven't yet, sorry. I hope to do it in the coming couple weeks as sson as I manage to make a backup...

As for a rumored GB3, Tabletmonkes points out that there is no actual info on any specs whatsoever so far. Personally I'd hope for an Intel U chip, a better OLED with no PWM above 48% brightness (like in the latest Alienware) and decent calibration, and fixed Intel drivers that render the stylus predictive input at the right thickness in Windows Ink canvases....

Tablet Nostradamus and wytn like this.
  10. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

Prime Minister, Giuseppe Conte, a Trump loyalist, anti migrant, far right "populist." Google him, I don't have a good link handy.

DRTigerlilly likes this.