Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. wytn

wytn Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you. Same here. I will probably block them/it again anyway just in case, 'till i hear enough feedback.

2. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

3. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

How does it feel in hand?
    How does it compare to the default Galaxy Book pen?
    is the eraser rubber like the Surface pen?

Did it come with nibs from the vendor?

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    Marty likes this.
  4. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

it's rounded unlike the GB12 and previous S pens. Got a cheap plasticky feel, not as sturdy as the surface pen, but not a deal breaker at all. No clips, but the rounded shape makes it much more comfortable to hold than the default GB pen. The eraser is rather hard and wobbly. The metal ring in the middle is a magnet, so it meant to attach to the side of the book. Tried it on the SB, and it was a strong enough. The seller didn't include any nibs even though it was advertised. Still look like it'll work with the default GB Pen's nibs.

Sent from my SM-P205 using Tapatalk

5. juicejuice

juicejuice Pen Pal - Newbie

What is everyone using as a charger for Samsung Galaxy Book 12? I've got what looks to be the original charger, looks identical to the TabPro S charger, but I get the "plugged in, not charging" message all the time. I have a few USB-PD chargers (Anker, Tronsmart, Cygnett) that work with my Macbook Pro but only the Tronsmart will charge the Galaxy Book 12.

6. Tablet Nostradamus

Tablet Nostradamus Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah, my Samsung charger had the same problem (it was used, so no idea if it was genuine). I use the Nekteck 72W 4-port PD wall charger and it works great. It can also charge my HP Zbook x2 G4:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0712252ZQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

juicejuice likes this.
  7. juicejuice

juicejuice Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks - hard to source that here in Australia, might pick one up next time I'm in USA.

8. Tablet Nostradamus

Tablet Nostradamus Pen Pal - Newbie

Any PD charger of similar wattage should do the trick.

9. ramosdesign75

ramosdesign75 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello Everybody, I just wanted to post my current findings and experiences on the pen usage with the Galaxy Book 12. I have been on the hunt for the pen, pen tip and pen grips that workbest for this device. Here is what I have so far.

Recently, I purchased the actual WACOM pen grips for the intuos pen on ebay for $16 imported from Hong Kong. 2 come in the pack but the price went up. I also had a ergo grip from amazon which ran about $24. The "thinner" WACOM looking pen grip (shown in pic) came from Fintie also on amazon which was about $7 and came with another grip. SEE PIC

Fintie
    Fintie [2-Piece] Silicone Grip Holder for Apple Pencil 1st / 2nd Gen, Protective Skin Sleeve Case Accessories

The pen tips for the Samsung Galaxy book 12 are "finer" than the HP Zook x2 so I replaced my pen tips on both Zbook pens with the Galaxy Book felt tip nibs which feel better on the screen. Since they are finer tipped, the accuracy is that much better. IMO.

FXDTECH
    5X Replacement Touch Stylus Tips S Pen Nibs for Samsung Galaxy Note 9,

For those that want a non slick surface antiglare screen. Try this

It3 Anti Glare (2x Pcs) Screen Protector Guard for 12" Samsung (NEW) Galaxy Book 12 2 in 1 PC

For those that want a thinner folio to carry with no keyboard, similar to a small sketch book and a pocket to carry your pen in, consider these 2 items
    Rome Tech

Galaxy Book 12 Case, Rome Tech OEM Folio Case Premium Magnetic Hybrid Shockproof Protective Cover for Samsung Galaxy Book 12 (2017) - Black

ZUGU CASE
    ZUGU CASE Apple Pencil 1 & 2 Holder Sticker - Peel N Stick Elastic Stylus Pocket (Black)

Please note: from my personal experience, the WACOM grip works best with the HP Zbook Pen because the cut out hole for the button is there already. I also like the added thickness to the pen too. (For the intuos users and cintiq crew that like that familiarity, you will enjoy this)

The Fintie will need a hole cut out for the button (mine came out a bit rough) and seems slightly thinner. Since the WACOM grip is meant for an intuos 3 pen, it will be a bit of a struggle to get on your pen. The ergo is just much for mobile use.

The Zbook pen also has thicker barrel and an eraser as added perk too.

For those less adventurous, you could use the WACOM grip on the original Samsung pen too but may slide around a bit depending on your usage.

The case works well. Keeps it secure and can easily pop in and out whenever you need to switch back to the keyboard folio.

The ZUGU pen case will be tight with the WACOM grip so the ideal would be to carry the HP Zbook pen in hand or without the grip.

Hope this info was helpful.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  10. LeoZappa

LeoZappa Pen Pal - Newbie

Just FYI, I am now being offered 1903. Might try to upgrade in the coming days.

wytn likes this.