Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

<...And MS just threw all of that in the trash... :eek::mad:...>

The trash men...

[​IMG]

nnthemperor and dellaster like this.
  2. wytn

wytn Scribbler - Standard Member

OT about Win 8.1:
    I have been way more a Linux user (and also a Mac OSX one) for a long time (Linux since the end of the 90s / early 2000s), and so i didn't use Win 8.1 daily for everything all the time but i never really understood the hate for W8.1.
    I found it more lightweight than Win 7 (let's not talk about Win 10), it could run on a 1gb Atom tablet device, as it was particularly lightweight in RAM usage, such a device with merely 1gb in RAM was still really useful for many things (during that time i used PCs/laptops/Macs with 4/8/16gb RAM - but good old simple WIN32 light apps ran fine with 1gb of RAM on Win8).

Sometimes it felt like i always was the only person that didn't hate this OS. And why? I don't know, was it only a press/reporting thing. A meme at this point because there wasn't any Start Menu? (A feature that could be brought back with a third party tool. Default boot to PC desktop, just a setting toggle, like mentioned.)

I mean: i understand the situation for a very specific set of people at least, that were, well... like my parents, elderly.

The whole experience was probably generally messy accross the range of devices that were shipped with Win8... Maybe some tiny OEM customization instead of bundling crapware would have also helped. MS failed its marketing?

Personally i got used to launch any app with WIN+S and there was never another problem... (But i also used Gnome 3/Gnome Shell for years and so on! - Gnome 3 that was particularly disliked by so many users for years too...)

edit: Took me a bit too long to type this, i guess. :)

Back to the GB:
    Given this is the Galaxy Book thread, i'm wondering if any of the GB10 users got the May update? And maybe if everything works without any problem?

dellaster likes this.
  3. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

My Samsung USB-C Multi-Port Adapter works fine.

I rather liked Windows 8.1 as a tablet operating system, and am rather sad it will be EOL soon.

Rather annoyed to've had to roll back to 1703 twice now so that I can have stylus behavior which I can work with.

4. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Nope, nothing yet. I wonder why it's taking long to get the update. Tried the windows 10 upgrade assistant, but it just said I have the latest update.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

wytn likes this.
  5. wytn

wytn Scribbler - Standard Member

Thank you. Same here. I will probably block them/it again anyway just in case, 'till i hear enough feedback.

6. nnthemperor

7. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

How does it feel in hand?
    How does it compare to the default Galaxy Book pen?
    is the eraser rubber like the Surface pen?

Did it come with nibs from the vendor?

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    Marty likes this.
  8. nnthemperor

it's rounded unlike the GB12 and previous S pens. Got a cheap plasticky feel, not as sturdy as the surface pen, but not a deal breaker at all. No clips, but the rounded shape makes it much more comfortable to hold than the default GB pen. The eraser is rather hard and wobbly. The metal ring in the middle is a magnet, so it meant to attach to the side of the book. Tried it on the SB, and it was a strong enough. The seller didn't include any nibs even though it was advertised. Still look like it'll work with the default GB Pen's nibs.

Sent from my SM-P205 using Tapatalk

9. juicejuice

juicejuice Pen Pal - Newbie

What is everyone using as a charger for Samsung Galaxy Book 12? I've got what looks to be the original charger, looks identical to the TabPro S charger, but I get the "plugged in, not charging" message all the time. I have a few USB-PD chargers (Anker, Tronsmart, Cygnett) that work with my Macbook Pro but only the Tronsmart will charge the Galaxy Book 12.

10. Tablet Nostradamus

Tablet Nostradamus Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah, my Samsung charger had the same problem (it was used, so no idea if it was genuine). I use the Nekteck 72W 4-port PD wall charger and it works great. It can also charge my HP Zbook x2 G4:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0712252ZQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

juicejuice likes this.