Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

But that's where the problem lies - the keyboard connector is attached to a 1/2" wide pane; that sits on the bottom 3/4" of the back cover - you'd at least have to cut above that panel leaving it sticking out from the back. IMG_6637.jpg

2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Hey, my understanding is that rigging a jury is a serious crime in the U.S.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

3. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hahaha! Good one Kuma

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Kumabjorn likes this.
  4. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I'm liking the kickstand glued to the back cover because it protects the back, unlike the Surface Keyboard where you are exposed to the elements, your bag, and desktops.

Also, no implication of jury rigging for Mr. Mueller to investigate...

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  5. WolfHauser

WolfHauser Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all. Firstly big thanks to you all for providing such an invaluable wealth of knowledge. It's really helped me pick out what I do and don't want in a tablet PC. I've just got a Galaxy Book 10 and I am absolutely loving it. It's just the nicest drawing experience I've had on a tablet PC. I gave up on surface pros and I had a thinkpad for a while but wanted something lighter. Anyway - this little beast ticks a lot of boxes for me. Sure it could have a bit more ram and firepower but then you start having to make the device bigger, hotter etc.

I'm currently having some problems getting photoshop to recognise tilt with the spen when other apps seem to pick it up and wondered if anyone had any thoughts as to what it might be?

Photoshop CC 2.0.4 (latest as far as I can see)
    Windows 10 Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
    I have the wintab drivers surface pro 3 that surfaceproartist linked to
    Autohotkey script for right click installed
    Disabled the following samsung services; Samsung Pen Service and Samsung Firmware Interface Service

6. Tablet Nostradamus

Tablet Nostradamus Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi there, I love my GB12 but sometimes think it would be neat to try a smaller version like the 10, but alas I need the RAM.

Does pressure sensitivity work as expected? If so, try an older version of Photoshop and see what happens. Is the wintab driver even necessary? Maybe uninstall that?

I just did a clean install of Windows 10 1809 (last night in fact) on my GB12 and didn't have to install wintab or disable any Samsung services to get Photoshop 20.0.4 to work with pressure or tilt.

WillAdams likes this.
  7. kain83ita

kain83ita Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all, sorry if I bother you all with this topic again.
    Backlit keyboard issue: is out there a software fix or am I supposed to ship my GB12 to a repair center (I've read all the topics about it and the only and last solution found seems to be a repair center)?

I've updated everything I can (bios firmware, windows, drivers) and no way. The issue is still there.

On the other side I'm wondering if there is a way by windows option to keep the Backlit always on. Do you know something about it?

Thanks, Rino

P. S. Very thanks for helping to troubleshoot the issue (didn't understand what was happening with my typing style ;)

8. nyb72

nyb72 Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes, you have to send it in. I couldn't find any sort of DIY firmware fix for this issue.

If you go to the Samsung Community site, I think under tablets, you can post your issue. Eventually, someone from Samsung will contact you and email you a shipping label so you can send it in for free. Unfortunately, you'll have to send the entire GB12 itself, not just the keyboard.

I never actually got around to sending it, just used the GB12 too much to be without it. Eventually, I wound up purchasing the Verizon compatible one. It has a grey keyboard cover and doesn't suffer from the same backlight issue.

9. kain83ita

kain83ita Pen Pal - Newbie

I see, many thanks for the advice! Yeah I got used to this tablet so I can't work without it too. Morevover I've already contacted samsung support by phone and they told me to bring the GB12 to the closer repair center (pretty annoying since it's very far from where I live...). I will follow your advice posting my issue on the forum.

Just to be sure, is there a way to understand whick keyboard model is affected by the problem? Mine is grey indeed (it's not a Verizon one, I live in Italy no Verizon here :) .

10. WolfHauser

WolfHauser Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the reply. I tried wiping the machine and started again without wintab. Still no joy in photoshop. I give up!