Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

i know right!!!

Tablet Nostradamus likes this.
  2. Bishop

Bishop Scribbler - Standard Member

And 15 is your limit on schnitzengrueben...

dstrauss and nnthemperor like this.
  3. ConfusedStylus

ConfusedStylus Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone know if it's safe yet to go from 1703 Win 10 build to the newest Win 10 updates? I'm worried it will break the pens again. Thanks.

4. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It will. Microsoft has made something to reduce disagrement, but did not revert completely.

5. Tablet Nostradamus

Tablet Nostradamus Pen Pal - Newbie

GB12 power question for everybody: what are you using for power banks and/or wall chargers?

My used GB12 lasts 3h40m with regular usage (BatteryBar says it's at 36,960mWh from the original 39,039) and loses power while in use even if the Samsung fast wall charger is connected, which is maddening after using a Surface Pro 5.

I'd like to have a battery that I can possibly attach to the back of the tablet with velcro when I'm out and about, which is probably an impractical idea as they usually weigh about a pound (the high capacity ones anyway). I'm also looking for a high wattage pd wall charger that will fast charge the tablet even while in use.

Also, what's the longest time you've been able to use the tablet with just the power bank? And how long does it usually charge to full? I'd love to hear your anecdotes and experiences.

6. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

When I had that problem, it was caused by a failing USB-C cable --- replacing the cable got things working properly again.

7. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Chinese mini-manufacturers have been over the last year or so making these charger/battery banks which use the 18650 LiPo battery format.

I just ordered one of these for around $15 (free shipping available if you poke around in the options.)

[​IMG]

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/3-3A-Mobile...hash=item5d7340d58b:m:m2FS0Yc-1WBkcXrtq3Ze4_Q

The cool thing is that you can get just the enclosure, (they come in various sizes with the largest I've seen taking 8 cells) and then buy the batteries at Walmart or somewhere and spare yourself the import charges and postal limitations on battery sizes.

18650's are becoming common at the retail level in the West.

I'd like to see some huge charger/bank units, for 20 or 40 cells. You could run your computer all week!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    Tablet Nostradamus likes this.
  8. Tablet Nostradamus

Hm, I did try multiple cables, but maybe they're all bad - I usually go for the cheapest USB cable with the best reviews on Amazon. Do you remember where you got your replacement cable?

9. Tablet Nostradamus

Very interesting, @thatcomicsguy. I never knew about these LiPo's. Would this pack charge like a PD power bank or like a QC? I'd be curious to see how it compares.

10. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Sorry! I'm ignorant on my acronyms today. What's PD and QC?