Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Good finds indeed! Now if I had a need for a 12" Windows tablet I'd get the OLED + Wacom GB12, add the NKMOS AirStand and call it a day. :thumbsup:

2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

see @Tablet Nostradamus you're having a positive influence already...I await your reviews!

Seriously that's the one i'm drawn to the most, and like you my only gripe is i wish the base was a little wider.

@dstrauss isn't your tablet supposed to be arriving today? has it gone MIA?

dstrauss and Tablet Nostradamus like this.
  3. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Neither HP NOR FEDEX know where it is. Last reported in Memphis on 3/1 (Friday) - supposedly out for delivery today, but it's not coming and they don't even know for sure it got to Memphis - kind of lost between China and Tennessee...

I'm with @dellaster - I bought the NKMOS Airstand and am going to glue it to the back cover of the Folio on my GB12 Lite and wait for the end of days...

Tablet Nostradamus likes this.
  4. Tablet Nostradamus

Tablet Nostradamus Pen Pal - Newbie

Ha, thanks for the encouragement, @DRTigerlilly!

It does amaze me how there's no universal Surface-like kickstand available aside from those that I listed. The torque hinge attached to the back of the device that closes flush is such a simple, effective design.

DRTigerlilly likes this.
  5. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

i know right!!!

Tablet Nostradamus likes this.
  6. Bishop

Bishop Keeper of Odd Knowledge Senior Member

And 15 is your limit on schnitzengrueben...

dstrauss and nnthemperor like this.
  7. ConfusedStylus

ConfusedStylus Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone know if it's safe yet to go from 1703 Win 10 build to the newest Win 10 updates? I'm worried it will break the pens again. Thanks.

8. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It will. Microsoft has made something to reduce disagrement, but did not revert completely.

9. Tablet Nostradamus

Tablet Nostradamus Pen Pal - Newbie

GB12 power question for everybody: what are you using for power banks and/or wall chargers?

My used GB12 lasts 3h40m with regular usage (BatteryBar says it's at 36,960mWh from the original 39,039) and loses power while in use even if the Samsung fast wall charger is connected, which is maddening after using a Surface Pro 5.

I'd like to have a battery that I can possibly attach to the back of the tablet with velcro when I'm out and about, which is probably an impractical idea as they usually weigh about a pound (the high capacity ones anyway). I'm also looking for a high wattage pd wall charger that will fast charge the tablet even while in use.

Also, what's the longest time you've been able to use the tablet with just the power bank? And how long does it usually charge to full? I'd love to hear your anecdotes and experiences.

10. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

When I had that problem, it was caused by a failing USB-C cable --- replacing the cable got things working properly again.