Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. sosimple

sosimple Pen Pal - Newbie

What I do know is that pen of my phone, galaxy note 8 and galaxy note 4 are working fine, including the button.

2. LeoZappa

LeoZappa Pen Pal - Newbie

I use the pen of the Galaxy Note 10' 2014, and it works perfectly. Though I prefer the original S-pen of the GB12 (the one with metallic clip, not to be confused with the one of the GB10 that has plastic clip). You can find it listed as S-pen for the Galaxy Tab 3.

3. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I know you're asking for a Cheap Pen.....but those Silo'd S-pens from the Note 10.1 and Tab A will serve as a poor replacement for the staedtler pencil. I would highly recommend splurging a bit and getting the HP Zbook X2 pen. Works great with the Galaxy Book line, I use it exclusivly with my Galaxy Book 10.6 It has a Cintiq styled composition so it feels like a premium pen, its long and comfy to hold, it has a single side swtich, and it has a backend eraser which will work with the Galaxy Book. It also uses the older more roundish nibs...not the supper thin tooth pick nibs from the Staedtler and recent S-pens. (which in my opinon makes it way more comfy)

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...VAuDICh0lbApkEAYYAyABEgIjZPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

4. Hydraulic Potato

Hydraulic Potato Pen Pal - Newbie

I didn't have time to test much except a bit of browsing, but it seemed to work well. The display was running at 30Hz though, but that's probably because of my dock. I do not think it will have any trouble even at 60Hz. Which IDE do you want me to test? I can test it the next time I have access to the display.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  5. Hydraulic Potato

Hydraulic Potato Pen Pal - Newbie

@darkmagistric What does the side button of the HP pen do on the GB? Does it still just erase, or will it work as a second button?

6. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It functions the same as the side button on the Samsung S-pens.

Hydraulic Potato likes this.
  7. João Pedro

João Pedro Pen Pal - Newbie

8. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

No...Intuos are Wacom EMR Pro...it will not work with penabled devices which are essentially Wacom EMR Consumer/S-pen.

Tams, João Pedro and artistebot like this.
  9. sosimple

I have changed a bit the Samsung book 12 inspired from ios :)
    I have add:
    -Broken Taskbar
    -One click iPhone icons
    -Ios like folders

Just to give ideas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. sosimple

Anyone has succeeded installing Android in dual boot in partition of the ssd, or in microsd?
    I watched prime os, version of android. It would be very good if we could dual boot it..